Bharat Gas Agency / fraud and scam

1 India Review updated:

I am working in cognizant in chennai and my native is andhra pradesh. I got married recently and before bringing my family to chennai I tried to get new lpg gas connection. I was not able to get any where with out ration card and later in velacheery (chennai) muni swamy bharat gas agency offered me lpg gas connection (as a proof they asked me to give them the hr letter from my company) and they gave the connection with the condition that I have to buy one of the product with the gas connection like stove, mixy, wet grinder etc... I have taken 3 burner lpg stove (butterfly) and I have taken the connection in dec 2007. But now while asking to get refill the agency people are asking me the ration card. Even I don't understand why government is posing such a rules like ration card is must for the gas connection.in other states there is no such rule other than karnataka.in the cities like chennai where there are hundreds of it companies people from all over the country will come to work over here. Then how can every one get the ration card from the tamil nadu government and also tn government will not issue ration so easily then how can they want this to be implemented and also indirectly they are encouraging the people to get the lpg connection from the black market. Please let me know the procedure to apply for the ration card and if something can be done to stop such agencies which are making money from the govt rules.

Comments

• Cp
      27th of Nov, 2009

I agree its a very confusing and long process. If someone from government tries to listen to public things would get better. For the moment I am providing some links to Departments that are responsible for issue of Ration Cards. I am sure it will help people looking for this information.
    - GOI Website: Full Procedure < http://india.gov.in/howdo/service_detail.php?formid=271 >
    - Actual Department of Karnataka responsible for Ration Cards : Food and Civil Supplies Department < www.kfcsc.com or www.ahara.kar.nic.in>
    - Actual Procedure with Form for New Cards < http://ahara.kar.nic.in/rationord.htm >
    - Method to Identify the Range Office: Visit the Fair Price Shop closest to your location using this link < http://www.kfcsc.com/wholesale.htm >