BestBuy.com / vista not even released yet - how about telling us exactly what the coupon says?

I purchased a laptop from bestbuy. com last week with microsoft xp but with a free vista upgrade. They would even pay the shipping and handling charges. Just print the rebate form and send it in for the free vista express upgrade disc.

I called the rebate center at [protected]. They said this is false and bestbuy and circuit city are not telling the truth about this. There is just a discounted coupon you are entitled to. It is not free and you have to purchase vista. What a lie and a rip off from such big companies at holiday time. We should all be entitled to a get a real vista upgrade for free. I am disgusted.

Please don’t be fooled by the free vista upgrade lie and don’t buy from bestbuy. com.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      29th of Jun, 2008

San Bernardino, CA BestBuy Manager and Employee are rude, liar, and racist. June 28, 2008 9:00 p.m. We were stand in line at best buy to apply for a best buy card to get the 10 % discount of first purchase, we had asked the employee about if everything in best buy we can get the 10% discount she answer "yes everything in best buy" after we had choose the Home Theater Bose system stand in line to purchase it the Manager of best buy say that we cant use the 10% on the Bose system, after we had already apply for the best buy card. DO anyone think this is a Scam that bestbuy created? I would like an explanation from best buy on how does a cooperation as large as best buy can conduct a scam to customer or was it just a 1 employee mistake. I personally dont think best buy would scam their customer but if they dont give us an explanation then who know..