Best Buy /Sony / restocking fee
Bought the Sony DSC-T300 Digital Camera from Best Buy upon recommendation from the sales associate. When I got home we took pictures. After we downloaded the images into the computer we discovered the images were grainy and "softer". Looking for a way to turn off this feature off I discovered review boards slamming the camera on its image quality and inability to turn off noise reduction. So since the camera had poor image quality I took it back to best Buy to exchange it for a different model. This is when I found out that I would be required to pay a $60 restocking fee because I expected my $400 camera to take quality pictures. After talking to the Customer Service associate the manager and the customer service line at the National level I am out my $60. I was offered a $30 gift card so that we could "split the responsibility". I have never complained to Best Buy in the in the 10 years I have loyally purchased items from them. the first time I have a problem they screw me. They just lost a customer that has spent $10000+ dollars over the last 4-5 years for a $60 restocking fee. Restocking fees were created for the type of people that will buy a dress leave the tag on it, wear ir to a wedding and then return it on monday. Not for people who were duped by a salesperson into buying a camera that they weren't even looking at to begin with.
More Best Buy /Sony Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - customer service damaged products
- Best Buy - samsung soundbar refund request!
- Best Buy - poor customer service.
- Best Buy - repair service for commercial washer/dryers.
- Best Buy - never received item bbytx-805573981165