Best Buy /Sony / restocking fee

1 The LoopKissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:

Bought the Sony DSC-T300 Digital Camera from Best Buy upon recommendation from the sales associate. When I got home we took pictures. After we downloaded the images into the computer we discovered the images were grainy and "softer". Looking for a way to turn off this feature off I discovered review boards slamming the camera on its image quality and inability to turn off noise reduction. So since the camera had poor image quality I took it back to best Buy to exchange it for a different model. This is when I found out that I would be required to pay a $60 restocking fee because I expected my $400 camera to take quality pictures. After talking to the Customer Service associate the manager and the customer service line at the National level I am out my $60. I was offered a $30 gift card so that we could "split the responsibility". I have never complained to Best Buy in the in the 10 years I have loyally purchased items from them. the first time I have a problem they screw me. They just lost a customer that has spent $10000+ dollars over the last 4-5 years for a $60 restocking fee. Restocking fees were created for the type of people that will buy a dress leave the tag on it, wear ir to a wedding and then return it on monday. Not for people who were duped by a salesperson into buying a camera that they weren't even looking at to begin with.

Comments

• Fr
      25th of Sep, 2008

I purchased Sony headset MDRWO8L from Target on June 4, 2008. After the second month (August time frame) I began to get static and then electrical shock from the right ear portion of the headset. I went back to target the first week of September because by then the headset was completely unusable. The target representative said I had to deal with Sony directly. I did and they told me they would send me a UPS return label and I could send it back to Sony repair for replacement. After doing that I received from Sony an Email which says I owe them $11.92 for the repaired headset because I am over the warranty by 10 days. The head set cost $9.99 new why would I go to the trouble to have to pay $11.92 for a head set that was found to be defective. Yes I am over the warranty by some 10 days but give me a break - is their headset only good for 90 days exactly? Good faith would be to replace it and not holding the customer to the day he called the repair center when the date was only some 10 days over the warranty.

• Fr
      25th of Sep, 2008

This is my entry and I agree with it - I have been wronged by Sony and its product.