Best Buy/geek Squad / laptop repair

1 Santa Rosa, CA, United States Review updated:

I have had my laptop in and out of repair with Geek Squad since November 08. I have had it repaired a total of 4 times and each time it has broken again within 14 days. They have shown me no concern and I even had one Geek Squad employee tell me that I should be glad that all of this has happened within the 30 days of, date of last service otherwise I would be screwed! I have even gone as far as to file a complaint with corporate and all they did was send me a $75 gift card that I have to use at their stupid store!!! I am about to take it back again for the 5th time!!! They suck and dont care. DO NOT TAKE YOUR COMPUTER THERE!!!

Comments

• Si
      12th of Mar, 2009

I am a computer systems analyst and I have to disagree with your assessment on the Geek Squad. However, I do see why you would be upset. Boycotting or telling others not to take their computer to a place that you had a bad experience from is expected when you had such a bad experience but I'm a bit concerned about the service that you have received. It seems that there may be a more underlying issue that they may not have been aware of when you brought the computer to them in the first place.

Did you give them all the information that they needed to diagnose the issue? Did you inform them of your activities with the computer? Did you get on a questionable website that may have affected your performance?

These questions may not have been asked by the Geek Squad, but sometimes, like with cars, if the person doing the service isn't aware of these issues, they will continue to happen without their knowledge. Surfing the internet alone, viruses, trojans and adware bombards the computer the moment you click on the browser to start it up. What you should also be aware that by legal standards, like mechanics, the Geek Squad is not authorized to fix any issues without the permission of the customer. With this said, if they found an issue, it should be documented. If there are none, there is nothing to worry about.

Exactly what was the issue to begin with and when did it start?

• Th
      9th of Jan, 2011

thats [censor]... they run a diagnostic on computers... wich should be able to pinpoint any problems... i have my computer there now... not only are they taking 1 week to run a simple diagnostic... but i spoke to 3 guys who all told me different about it... they are [censor]in snakes... so what im trying to say is tht you dont have to tell them [censor] about ur computer... cause they run an exame on it... you can disagree all you want... but im getting [censor]ed over right now as we speak...