Best Buy/geek Squad / geek squad

1 Avon, IN, United States

I contracted with their store to have someone come out for $49.99 and do a consultation on what I neede to do to connect all my sound and video equipment in our new home. They promptly called the next day to schedule it. The "geek" identified himself as a Secret Agent for the Squad and was calling from the Master Control Center or some such nonesense. After about 20 minutes of them not having any record of my purchase (even with the numbers on my receipt), and them repeatedly asking what exactly I wanted them to come out and do, they finally said they had it (along with numerous "apologies" about my inconvenience) and scheduled to be at my home the next day. That morning the Secret Agent called to verify the appointment (good) to fix my computer (bad). when I explained that it was home theatre and not computers, he informed me that he would get the Home theatre folks to call me. He then called back a few minutes later to inform me that they did not do Home Theatre consults in my area of town. When I asked if he could refund my money, he said I would have to call the store to accomplish that. never got an apology or an explanation how all of this got so screwed up. I am still awaiting the store to call me back (they were too busy to talk to me when I called--low staffing during business hours I guess).

Decent products and prices, just very poor service.

Ge