Bensons for Beds / deep ruts mattress after 1 year

1 Oxford, United Kingdom Review updated:

I am appalled by Bensons for Beds recent decision that the huge dips in our mattress is due to ‘normal wear and tear’. The mattress inspector said as much, but what he bascially admitted was that it was normal wear and tear because it is a pretty terrible mattress of poor quality and design - despite being £1, 000. He said Bensons never consider paying out in such circumstances. It basically seems it just a stalling atactic to make it look like they consider your case, when in reality they have no intention of doing so.

Their letter is quite frankly hilarious. The idea that it is “normal” for a £1, 000 mattress to have two deep ruts after a year of use is scandalous. And the line “the more it is used, the quicker it will reach the end of its lifecycle” is particularly ridiculous – like most people we sleep in our bed once a night – no more, no less. And we are not exactly big people!!! I weight 10 stone, my wife just 8!

We are considering our options as regards next steps. But the very minimum, I look forward to doing my best to disparage their brand on every social media outlet at my disposal. Please help me do so!

Is
Apr 20, 2013

Comments

• Is
      29th of Apr, 2013

I have now settled my complaint with Bensons for Beds. It took time and this complaint helped, but in the end we have agreed a compromise solution. I would add that their staff have been professional and courteous throughout, even if we did disagree on decision initially.