Belle Tire / faulty tire not replaced

1 28501 dequindreMadison Heights, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: (248) 543-6444

In Nov. of 2007 I purchased a new pair of tires at Belle Tire of Madison Hts., MI. for our 2003 Dodge conversion van. Recently (about a week ago) I noticed a shimmy in the front end while driving to work. This only got worse over the next 2 days. Upon inspecting the front end myself I recognized 2 indentations in the outer sidewall of the front right tire. I knew immediately that the tire was getting ready to throw a steel belt. My wife brought the van to the Belle Tire where the tire was purchased to see what they were prepared to do about this.
The person who looked at it tried to give my wife a song and dance, stating that the tire must have been removed and placed back on incorrectly (absolutely not true). The brakes on the van were done back in November just after the tire replacement and the van was driven to Florida and back and has been driven daily since then with no issue until about a week ago. Since my wife has no expertise when it comes to auto repair it is my feeling that this unscrupulous repair tech. took advantage of her to the tune of $243 by replacing the rim and putting the same tire back on the vehicle. I am thoroughly disgusted with this result and feel that Belle Tire should own up to the poor quality of their workers. Because of this transgression I will no longer patronize any Belle Tire establishment and will warn anyone who inquires of me to "STEER CLEAR OF BELLE TIRE."

Comments

• Fr
      17th of Jul, 2008

Too often it seems like people tend to share their bad experiences with companies, but I’d like to share a positive story for a change. The other day I was driving down I-75 in my ’05 Saab, when without warning my front-right tire blew out. As a mother and a lawyer, every minute of my day is priceless so I needed to find help quick. I immediately called my Saab dealership. To my dismay, they seemed very unfriendly and the quote that they gave me was outrageous. So instead, I took my car in to a nearby Belle Tire at Woodward and 13 Mile. I was swiftly assisted by a sales representative named Mark. He was very pleasant and helpful. In the end, I was charged $128.99 for my tire to be replaced and there were absolutely no extra charges or hidden fees. That was less than half the cost it would have been if I had gone to the dealership. Additionally, Belle Tire balanced my tires, replaced my valve stems, disposed of my tire, mounted the new tire, and even filled my tires with the new environmentally-friendly Nitro-Nize all free of charge!

And for all those skeptics or if you’ve ever been dissatisfied with Belle Tire’s services, you can contact their customer care team at BelleTireService@gmail.com. If you share your grievance with them, they are able to offer you coupons and discounts on your next purchase to make up for any problems you’ve had with them in the past.

• Ro
      18th of Mar, 2017

went to belle tire for my right front tire pressure was low. they said it was one of the weightswere leaking, it was at12.58 when I was there. went shopping and got home about 2pm. hear noise coming from my right front tire. it was leaking air and my pressure was dropping again.had to hurry up and get the car back there.now it was a rim leak. I spent my day running around tofix the problem thart shouldof been fix right the first time I was there.i should be compasated for their mistake.thank you .Kathleen belcher 3133661717 detrit, Michigan 48203 store # 23