Beck's Furniture / Grocery Rebate non-payment

1 Rancho Cordova, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello,

In 11/12/2009 I too purchased over $500 worth of items from Beck's with the promise of $500 in "free" groceries. This was advertised in the weekly advertising we receive here in Citrus Heights, CA.

I was never informed verbally or in writing ("see store for details") of all the extra steps and hurdles I'd have to jump in order to get this $500. I had to:
1. Register online (that was the one thing they did tell me)
2. Mail in a confirmation containing a check for $9.95, (which I was told would be refunded the first month) a copy of my drivers license, and a filled out form.
3. Send in my receipts monthly but a certain date with certain restrictions (like you can't have two receipts from one store on the same day) – original receipts only with the coupons I printed from their website.
4. Spend not just $25 in groceries every month (for 20 months) to be reimbursed $25, but $100 - at least $75 in groceries and the remaining $25 could be "other".
5. Note that if you goof up two times on adhering to all their terms and conditions (and there’s plenty more but I don't want to make this a novel) they'll drop you from the program and you don't get any more rebate checks.

2/22/2010
Since I hadn't received any payments after sending in receipts I did some research. The website of the company that ran the rebate program for Beck's is www.ClaimYourVisaCards.com. When I went to the website to check on the status, I got the message "Please be advised that My Free Travel will be unable to honor any rebates redeemed on or after December 1, 2009. etc". I tried to call the company and their phone is disconnected at [protected]. If you check them out on BBB, they are out of business and their rating is now an "F" from all the complaints they have been receiving.

So I called Beck's in Folsom where I purchased the furniture from because they made the promise to me, not this third company, they still owe me the groceries they promised. I was told that, yes the company that was handling the rebates for them is out of business and that they will be refunding the $9.95 fee and offering everyone 20% off a future purchase! I told them this wasn’t acceptable and that I wanted to file a complaint and was given the following email address: lfrancecisco@becksfurniture.com.

Other websites with complaints that I found:
• http://www.sacbee.com/2009/07/04/1999008/free-gas-grocery-promotion-spurs.html - Apparently they were having problems back in March, so why they offered this in November and December when they were already in the news about it before is just plain stupid.

SO, WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?
1. Call news 10 to let them know you also are having problems. I already called them and they are interested in running a story on Becks. www.news10.net/
2. Complain to the Becks and let them know that their proposed solution is unacceptable: lfrancecisco@becksfurniture.com.
3. Leave complaints about Becks so others are aware of their fraudulent practices: http://local.yahoo.com/info-21766760-beck-s-furniture-rancho-cordova;_ylt=AtOLrenf55sWkZndWsYobISHNcIF;_ylv=3?csz=Citrus+Heights%2C+CA+95610 is a good place - it's Yahoo! Local where people usually go to look up businesses.
4. Leave a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org.

Regards,
S. Johnson,
Citrus Heights CA

More Beck's Furniture Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ba
      25th of Feb, 2010

Thank you. I just went to their webcite and tried to redeem my certificates and they told me to fill out a form and send it in. In 10 to 12 weeks they would send me my certificates. I smelled a rat and went looking and found your page. I am glad I did not waste my time and I will call Becks and do the other suggestions you wrote.
    This company put the scam on all of us including Becks. They sold them this deal for who knows how much money, ask people for $9.00 which did not make sense if it was a rebate program and took all the money and left town. Now they will go somewhere else and start over with the same scam and a different name and we are the ones that are caught holding the bag. I should have seen this coming but with Becks being such a big store, I figured we would be fine. Well tomorrow I will call Becks and if they throw a crappy deal at me then that will be the last they will see of my money. But I must admit, I do love my sofa and bed and was looking forward to buying more stuff. Too bad.
    Well thank you again and good luck.
    J. Beutell
    Meadow Vista, CA

• Te
      25th of Feb, 2010

I am too in the same situation as you are. There must be more that we can do. Beck's is responsible for reimbursing us for their advertised promotion. I would have shopped at RC Wiley if it wasn't for the grocery rebate promotion. I wonder if we could all file a class action lawsuit against Becks?

• Zi
      8th of Mar, 2010

I took Beck's to small claims court today regarding the $500 grocery rebate and guess what...I WON! I would suggest others doing the same or to file a class action suit.