BB&T / ripping customers off!
BB&T has been systematically ripping off its customers by posting debits first, then posting credits or deposit. This is in stark contradiction to the policies banks, in general, have had in regard to this situation. Traditionally, banks would post deposits and credits first, usually at 12:00 midnight, then, they would post any debits or withdrawals, summarily preventing unnecessary overdraft charges.
However, in an effort, it seems, to pad their profit margin, they are posting debits first, then posting credits. This new policy, in essence, increases the amount of fees that they collect, as, a lot, if not most people in the lower and middle class have a lower balance when it gets close to payday, or, when we get a winfall and our checking account balance is low, we expect that our deposit will hit the account before any debits.
Also, my wife has her check direct deposited. She is a school teacher. The checks go into the accounts on Thursday. They do not post until after 6:00 A.M. on Friday, again, allowing for fees to be assessed for any debits posted at 12:00 midnight. It's clear that the banks have instituted this policy to glean more fees from the working class, while leaving the upper class and the well-heeled, virtually untouched.
This practice is an outrage, and if the federal government and state banking regulators won't do anything about it, we the the people, should start taking grass roots measures to rectify this problem.
More BB&T Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - overdraft fees
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - checking account hold and fees
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - overdraft charges 
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - overdraft fees for service I didn’t request
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - checking/disregard to customers