Bath Fitter / Our mistake

We bought the tub liner from bath fitter 4 months ago, and this is the second time they will be coming for a service call due to the huge bubble of water between their liner and the original tub. This liner was not cheap! We should just have bought another tub but the acrylic looked so nice and we thought it would be easier than removing and replacing the old tub. Big mistake. Now we have to chip out the new tile and start all over. It will cost us double because we went with bath fitter. Just get yourself a new tub and do it right the first time.

Va

Comments

• Ot
      11th of Sep, 2014

I totally agree.we called bath fitter to address a leak problem in floor. Their solution was putting a bath fitter liner over the tile floor sealing up any leak.. The first floor they put down pooled to the wall - exactly where the leak was. They came back in and instead of pulling up floor insisted on putting another one on top of that and pitching it so water would move to drain. That seemed to work but the second floor developed spider cracks around drain, So we called them back.. Again, they insisted on putting yet another floor on top on that one, which I was not in agreement with. But service man did not want to pull up two floors. So we have 3 bath fitter floors which they seemed to think would guarantee no more leaks. Well fast forward 3 years and what do we have. For about one year I have been smelling a funky smell in my bathroom which I could not figure out what it was. Then all of a sudden I see my hardwood floor in my bedroom rotted and black near the shower wall ( bed room side). We have a water leak all over again coming from the same spot they claimed would be taken care of by putting down their Bath fitter.

I am having work done now as I write this.. The bottom line is .. Bath fitter is not the solution . It cost us $2500 to have them put down a bath fitter floor lay over my tile. As the plumber is pulling up the 3 bath fitter floors there is water and mold is under their floor and is the smell that has been in the bathroom. Water has been laying under the floor that they put over the tiles. Do not use Bath Fitter..

• Fp
      11th of Sep, 2014

Am on a similar boat. No leaks yet but two liners due to lack of tech craft. Sloppy jobs. Since tuesday that i am trying to get a tech to check out the damage. no one has showed up. the rep at the bf office won't return my calls or emails. i started formal complains all over the internet. need to find the specific office at NYState to make a complaint there. I cannot replace the tub, this was a great solution and the prior owner had one installed but screwed it up by cutting around the drain instead of calling BF.