Menu
Bath Fitter Franchising
reviews & complaints

Bath Fitter Franchising
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints
31 resolved 43 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bath Fitter Franchising. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
R
11:48 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had James from Bath Fitter in Broward come out and do an evaluation on March 1. I gave him a $200.00 deposit and told him I wanted to finance the rest. He said not problem they use Wells Fargo. He did not provide me with any financial application and I never heard from him again. Weeks go by, no call. (I was told it would take awhile to get the tub in). I...

Bath Fitter Franchising - Down deposit refund

I got someone from bath fitters to come out and give me an estimate. However he asked for my debit card to get a monthly payment going on, but I had told him i wasn't going to pay for anything that day. After he left I saw $700 plus pending on my card. I called him as he gave me his number and explained that for a refund I would have to wait a couple of days. He also asked for me to sign a contract he sent me but I never signed it. How long does this refund take?

Desired outcome: Refund status

Hide full review

Bath Fitter Franchising - the bath tube wasn't completed in time as promised.

On 10/29/21 I ordered service for my bathroom and was assured that it could be completed by the Thanksgiving holiday. The bathtub and walls were measured, and I made my down payment to have the work completed. Several weeks later, on 11/18/21, the worker came to install my new bathroom--I was nervous because it was so close to the holiday, but I kept faith that this Company would keep its promise by delivering the service that I paid for with precision and accuracy, but Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Exactly one week before the Holiday, I was informed that the measurements were ALL WRONG and had to be retaken. He also took down my vanity mirror but did not replace it. I then called the main office in Long Island, and I could not reach them for a few hours. When I finally got a hold of someone on the phone, more promises were made to fix my bathroom and get it done correctly for the Holiday, but disappointedly that NEVER HAPPENED. No one ever came out to see about my bathroom.

Needless to say, today is the day after thanksgiving, and I was thoroughly embarrassed by my half done bathroom. I fixed the vanity mirror myself. They finally corrected the measurements and installed the bathtub backdrop. However, my tub is still not done.

For all of the broken promises and unsatisfactory service, I am asking to receive a discount that is fit for a customer who spent about 5, 000. The work I received was not worth what I paid. I feel like I have been treated unfairly. I am asking you to honor my request and this conversation will not continue any further. If it is not honored, I will be forced to take further action Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Desired outcome: $1000 off

R
12:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They will lie to you about coming back with any problems that you may have with their installation of their products... Your left with fixing it yourself are paying someone else to fix there screw up... They came by once within a couple of months with the first issue... But now there playing games by saying there coming then they say the cannot.. Its like...

5:00 pm

Bath Fitter Franchising - Refund on canceled order

My wife & I entered an agreement with Bath Fitter in August of 2019 to remodel 2 bathrooms in our home. We paid $4, 000 down and several weeks later we decided to cancel the order due to us finding a better deal with a local contractor. We were told by an associate of the company that our money would be refunded but we've yet to receive anything almost 2 years later! We've called repeatedly & keep getting the run around! We just want back our $4, 000 that was stolen from us! We never received anything from the company yet they've kept our money!

Desired outcome: Refund

7:11 pm

Bath Fitter Franchising - Deposit

A sales guy came to my house to estimate the cost of refitting my tub. Originally gave me a higher price but if I put down a 500 deposit, he'd lower the price and lock it in. So I did. Fast forward a few months, I still hadn't scheduled the refitting and my hospital has new owners who are letting go nurses left and right (I'm a nurse), so I again asked for a refund of my deposit, because I can't be irresponsible about spending 7000 on my bathroom when my job isn't secure. Again, refused to refund me and said it was forfeited if I don't go through with it because it's "policy." I'm a single parent and shouldn't have to forfeit 500 when no services were ever rendered. I just filed a BBB complaint to get my refund back.

Desired outcome: Refund my deposit

2 comments
Sep 24, 2021 5:02 pm

They got us for $4, 000!

N
10:42 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had a water leakage issue in the shower (living on the second floor of a condo) last three years. I had been seeing the bathfitter commercials so I called them, and they ensured that there would be no leakage problem at all after the bathfitter installed, paid $7000, this happened about 2.5 years ago, my issue has not been resolved. They came and...

Bath Fitter Franchising - I am complaint about my bathtub

My mother in 2008 had a upstairs bathtub and other stuff for the bathtub over the years from 2008 to 2020 then what happen was the drain starting to go very slow and the water just sits, I call bath fitter and tell them the issue and they said they can not come because they are not responsible do drain I ask them can I put something in drain to correct the issue they it will damage the pipes and I had to get a plumber they charge all together $2,000.00 for repairs bath fitters should pay me back

Y
1:03 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company is totally an scam, please investigate this company. It's been no more than 10 months they installed me a shower which I still paying as it was very expensive, and now I had to remove and install a new shower with real tiles. This company charged me almost 7k for their fake, low quality acrylic shower, after the installation shower hot water...

3:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last month I had a shower remodel done by Bath Fitter. Due to improper installation the walls in my home started to flood with water after using the shower. I filed a claim with my insurance company and the shower floor pan was the source of the problem. Prior to BF coming to my house my shower was problem free. An inspection was conducted by my insurance...

N
9:35 pm

Bath Fitter Franchising - shower/tub installation

Bath fitter installed our shower/tub a few days ago. They told us to wait a couple days before using, so we just used it for the first time today. I get in the shower tonight, and when I get out and go downstairs I hear a weird noise. I look around, and notice
dripping. A HUGE bubble of water is on my ceiling. I turn the water off to the house, and call the emergency line- no answer, left a message. Here we are an hour later, and multiple calls later, and still no call back.

P
6:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In May we entered into an agreement with BathFitters of San Diego to resurface our downstairs shower and as part of the job redo the plumbing associated with changing out the existing valve components. We paid a down payment for them to order the insert materials with the remainder to be paid when the installation was completed. At the time of the order we...

4:43 pm
Bath Fitter Franchising has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bath Fitter Franchising - we had 2 bathrooms replaced by bath fitters in 2003-2006.

The bath tubs have a lifetime warranty. The ceiling was replaced as well as the walls in one of the jobs, this is falling down now. We need someone to come out and access what can be done to make the repairs. I have been trying for over 2 years to get someone out to look at this job. Please check in your records as a commercial job,
Carrie Steele-Pitts Home, Inc., 667 Fairburn Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30331.

Our contact number is 404-691-5187, 123, my name is Denise Kimbro.

Please contact us as soon as possible.

9:20 pm

Bath Fitter Franchising - bathtub liner and shower

Very expensive...they charge a lot of money just because they have a one piece acrylic lining...alomost like 5000-6000 just to do the bath tub and bath tub walls and tap and shower head fixtures only. You can actually redo a whole bathroom including replacing whole bathtub and redoing the tiles and also the bathroom vanity and basin and floor for that money. Unwilling to come down on price and had to run a call past his Vice president who said they would not reduce by more than 20% of their over priced price. Their salesmen make 90K a year...no wonder they have to charge the customers more. This is strictly for the rich and the impatient. Anyone else...takke your time...dont be in a hurry find a contractor who can do this more economically.

M
8:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had bath fitter out of lombard, il install an insert, surround, new fixtures, plumbing, and they were supposed to install a door but apparently they measured wrong and brought the wrong size and we now have to wait until the end of the month for that. There are some cosmetic issues we're not thrilled with (including a new crack to our tile floor caused...

D
10:03 pm

Bath Fitter Franchising - tub replacement

I called Bath Fitter to see about a walk-in shower stall for our home. The salesman kept telling us about the "discounts" we were getting. Even with the discounts, it rapidly approached $10, 000...just for a job on the bathtub! I should be able to get an entire bathroom remodel for that!

When you put down a deposit, you're only given 3 days to cancel in order to get your full refund. About 7-10 days later, someone shows up to take final measurements, etc. We didn't know when we signed the contract that they would be replacing the pipes in the bathroom. We would be without water for 2 days. It would be 3-5 days before we could use it. The noise and dirt created by ripping out the old bathtub would have been very upsetting for my mother who is in the beginning stages of dementia.

Needless zoo say, we lost our deposit of over $3000 dollars, but am thrilled I won't over $6000 for the finished project.

Lesson learned.

E
1:08 pm

Bath Fitter Franchising - New bath tub

Jason (sales consultant) came to the house and measured quoted a price. What made our decision to buy was that it was a "one day install". A date was set with the company, the installer and a plumber show up as agreed. Then the news that this was scheduled to be a two day install. Time was taken off from work for the agreed one day so now another day will have to be taken off. During the first day of the install the old bath tub was prepared incorrectly and a new tub would have to be installed. So on the second day of the install the installer showed up, the tub they had in stock was damaged a new one had to be ordered from phoenix, delivery in two weeks. I feel bad for the installer (seems like a nice guy) but this is beyond unacceptable. Now the bathroom is out of service for over two weeks and we were not informed about it not being a "one day install" not happy!

C
8:02 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bath Fitter sales person came to my house and gave me a quote. He said if I sign up right away they could take $100.00 off of the bill. I had to crunch some numbers so didn't sign up right away. I phoned him the next day and he said he could give me a $50.00 refund. There in lies the problem I never got the $50.00 refund. Customer Ref # 045026156 I have...

9:34 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Filed against : Southern Bath Solutions, LLC 5811 McCann Drive Baton Rouge LA 70809 Complaint Description: Job is incomplete, yet they charged my Discover Card (unauthorized!) and I have to get local contractor to finish the job. They stopped communications On Sept 26, 2018, I put down a deposit of $2312.00 (Discover Card) for contract to convert tub to...

G
9:16 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Replaced my Garden tub with a much smaller tub average tub size 60 inches long they replaced my Garden tub with a 23 inch tub I am unable to sit without bending my knees. I have called corporate office and Norcross without any resolution this is a 8, 000 dollar job I need to be able to soak I have very bad back and the only reason I went with Bathfitter...

Bath Fitter Franchising contacts