Barton Publishing / Unauthorised Credit Card DEbits

I recently purchased an online GERD report from Barton Publishing for $19.95 which was provided without any problems. However, Barton Publishing passed on my credit card details to Well Watchers MD who have been debiting my credit card for $29.95 per month for something that I did not authorise nor want. Barton Publishing have advised that I "agreed" to the subcription to Well Watchers MD by not opting out after a supposed 14 days free trial of whatever it is they provide. This apparently is buried in the wording of the Barton Publishing invoice for the original GERD report.

I have attempted to cancel the unauthorised subscription to Well Watchers MD but as I don't have a user name nor password I am finding this very difficult and I have had to go to the trouble of contacting my financial institution to have my credit card cancelled and a new one issued, with all of the attendant hassles this entails.

Anyone considering doing business with Barton Publishing should be aware of their unethical business practices and should be very wary of providing them with their credit card details.

Ro

Comments

• Ke
      15th of Jan, 2009

BARTON PUBLISHING designs their ads and ordering process to RIP OFF anyone ordering their so-called health products. The order process does not have a preview of what items you order prior to submittla. When you call the 800 number, you get a recording telling you to e-mail their dis-service department. You never get a response.

Once you do all of this... DO NOT accept their product nor click on their download link. Call your credit card company and file a complaint. You will be credited back and the investigation process may take up to 90 days.

BARTON PUBLISHING is a fraudelent outfit... period!