Bankers Life Insurance / Not senior friendly
Bankers Life Insurance has some unscrupulous agents going door to door selling life insurance to seniors. My mother is 74 years old and is easily confused. Anyone who has a ten minute conversation with her can tell. Two agents called my mother and told her they wanted to talk to her about Medicaid. They called and set up a time to talk to her. When they arrived they then explained what they wanted to talk to her about was actually life insurance. She said they were there for over two hours. They finally convinced her their life insurance was better than what she already had, even though the price was $89.00 more per month and the coverage amount was the same as what she had.
To make a long story short, I put a stop on the check she wrote, cancelled the insurance from Bankers and reinstated her old policy.
I tried unsuccessfully to reach someone at Bankers to question them but no one returned my calls until I told them I stopped the check and cancelled the policy, then I got two return calls.
One was from one of the agents who tried to convince me he deals with seniors all the time and my mother was fine and understood everything. I know my mother, she didn't understand any of what they were saying.
I believe they, Bankers, preys on seniors who don't have someone to watch over them. Thank God I am able to check in on my mom often.
More Bankers Life Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Bankers Life and Casualty - It's true they are crooks 
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Get ready for the run around 
- Bankers Life and Casualty - Scam 
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Hiring Practices 
- [Resolved] Bankers Life and Casualty - scam or fraud 
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company - life insurance
- Bankers Life & Casualty Company - life insurance
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Death benefits denied, for entering hospice
- bankers life and casualty insurance - they lie their policy
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Fraud