Bank of the West Customer Service Line / Unprofessional CSR's

1 IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8004882265

A family member cashed a 3 month old (stale dated) check that overdrew ( the check was returned) my account.

There was communication with the family member and the check was removed from my balance.

That is not the problem. I did not know what caused the fee in my account and called [protected] to find out what the fee was for.

The CSR stated that a certain check had been returned. I was surprised because my previous bank ( which I still have and am going back to) paid anything up to $550 but of course charged lots of overdraft fees.

When I mentioned this I got a lecture of sorts from the CSR and asked her to please act professionally. Then she let me have it with both barrels and laid into me about responsibility and such.

I believe CSR's are there to assist customers with the details of their accounts not offer their opinions about checking account responsilities.

Banks make big bucks on these fees but I have never in my whole life listened to this kind of demeaning lecture by a bank customer service representative.

Bank of the West Customer Service Line

Qw

Comments

• Qw
      21st of Feb, 2009

CSR's should just supply information to their customers. I have never heard of a bank acting this way before.

• Qw
      21st of Feb, 2009

Kevin of Redondo Beach CA (12/30/08)
    The Bank of The West branch in Redondo Beach, CA is the WORST! Bad customer service, unreliable information to customers, ugly people (Lies), and just plain rude.

• Ca
      28th of Jul, 2009

Stale dating is actually 6 months for Bank of the West. Overdraft Coverage on accounts is based on average balance and a few other factors like number of Overdrafts and Non-sufficient Funds, so there is no automatic/blanket coverage for checks presented for payment.

The Customer Service Phone Number is run by people outsourced in Nevada and are not branch trained personnel. Much of their training is book learned and unrealistic.

• Sy
      28th of Jun, 2010

Bank of the West customer service departments are actually in Omaha, NE not Nevada and there are a number of branch trained employees in their call center.