Bank of the West Customer Service Line / Unprofessional CSR's
A family member cashed a 3 month old (stale dated) check that overdrew ( the check was returned) my account.
There was communication with the family member and the check was removed from my balance.
That is not the problem. I did not know what caused the fee in my account and called [protected] to find out what the fee was for.
The CSR stated that a certain check had been returned. I was surprised because my previous bank ( which I still have and am going back to) paid anything up to $550 but of course charged lots of overdraft fees.
When I mentioned this I got a lecture of sorts from the CSR and asked her to please act professionally. Then she let me have it with both barrels and laid into me about responsibility and such.
I believe CSR's are there to assist customers with the details of their accounts not offer their opinions about checking account responsilities.
Banks make big bucks on these fees but I have never in my whole life listened to this kind of demeaning lecture by a bank customer service representative.
More Bank of the West Customer Service Line Complaints & Reviews
- Bank Of The West - Overdraft abuse 
- Bank Of The West - ATM ate my debit card! 
- Bank Of The West - Daily Overdraft fees plus more 
- Bank of the West - Oakland, CA - Lying to customers! 
- Bank Of The West - Poor customer relation 
- Bank Of The West - overdraft/funds transfer
- Bank Of The West - customer service
- Bank Of The West - unauthorized charges /unbelievable amount of fees charged/ bad customer service and sympathy
- Bank Of The West - more than 2 weeks and still haven't received my debit card
- Bank Of The West - re-opening checking account