Bank Of The West / Bogus fees
On December 4th I had found that I had been charged $105 in bank fees to my account. I called customer service and they said it was three overdraft charges. My account showed that I was never overdrawn. The CSR said it's because I had a low balance and my available balance fell below zero, although my actual balance never showed below zero. The "available" balance is not recorded, so although I checked my account every day and saw that my balance never did fall below zero, from what I saw my "available" balance never did fall below zero. In order to refute the charges, I would have had to take a picture of my available balance every day, which of course I did not do because I never expected to be charged overdraft fees, because I was never really overdrawn.
I was then charged three fees, rather than just one, because they put through a large item before several small ones.
I know I should not carry such a low balance, but it was due to circumstances beyond my control, along with the holidays coming, I tried to be very careful not to become overdrawn. I had $5 in my account when my direct deposit came in, and yet the bank still charged me overdraft fees. Seems even if a person is careful, making sacrifices so their account is not in the red, the bank still finds a way to get their fees.
This is just one of many problems I've had with this bank in the last few months. I know they will not correct this problem, just as they did not correct the others, so I will be taking my business elsewhere, as will my family members who also bank there.
More Bank Of The West Complaints & Reviews
- Bank Of The West - Overdraft abuse 
- Bank Of The West - ATM ate my debit card! 
- Bank Of The West - Daily Overdraft fees plus more 
- Bank of the West - Oakland, CA - Lying to customers! 
- Bank Of The West - Poor customer relation 
- Bank Of The West - overdraft/funds transfer
- Bank Of The West - customer service
- Bank Of The West - unauthorized charges /unbelievable amount of fees charged/ bad customer service and sympathy
- Bank Of The West - more than 2 weeks and still haven't received my debit card
- Bank Of The West - re-opening checking account