Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan / abusive customer service rep
Beware of bank of america. I called to cancel the privacy assist plan which boa had offered through telemarketing. I was told the materials would be mailed to me and that I would have 30 days to review it and if I wanted to cancel I could do so in that 30 day period with no obligation. The telemarketing call to me was 8/19/08 and the postmark on the materials is 8/22/08, meaning that I would have received the materials around 8/26/08. Within 30 days of my receipt of the materials, I called boa on 9/22 to cancel and was told to call back when I received my next statement and the charge would be removed. I called on 10/22/08 and had to explain the entire story again to a different cs rep who told me that the 30 day period for review of the plan is from the date of the telemarketing call so therefore I had not called in time to cancel the plan. Of course this information reeked of intentional misrepresentation and fraudulent practice, so I asked more questions to qualify what I was being told and he then became beligerent and condescending and even mocked me by repeating what I said in a high pitch voice! I asked several times to speak to his supervisor and he told me that the issue "does not qualify for supervisor contact"... Brick wall! I called back today and was told the system was updating so I would have to call back in 20 minutes... Consumers beware and be sure to review complaints online before ever electing to become a bank of america customer - there is much complaint info about boa's abuse of its customers.
More Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America Corporation - not stopping unauthorized and fraudulent transaction - allowing it to complete first.
- Bank Of America Corporation - service in my area/ not providing me what I want that they can provide.
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud protection
- Bank Of America Corporation - The bank closed my account for no reason and retained my money!!!!
- Bank Of America Corporation - payment not received and negative charges applied