Bank Of America / overcharged
That's right, another complaint concerning overdraft fees with Bank of America (BOA). Before you naysayers rise up against me, let me first tell you that I did not monitor my account or my spending as closely as I should have. Now with that being said, let me say this.
My checking account was -$136 (negative). After discovering this, I immediately transferred $300 from savings to my checking. Later on that night after 1 am, I discovered that my account was -$145 (negative). I asked myself how could this be.. I rectified this situation about 10 hrs earlier.
The next morning I contacted BOA and asked an explanation of how this could have happened. I was told that the system recognized that i overdrew my account an accessed my account the overdraft fee of $35 five times. Ouch!
Let me explain to you what I believed happened: The computer software charged me again for 5 items which caused my account to be overdrawn again even after I moved the $300 over from savings to checking.
The BOA contact explained to me that those additional charges were from today and that the previous charges were from the day before. Here is where it gets CrAZy. Before we got off the phone, she stated that 'once you get an overdraft fee it unfortunately begins to snowball'.
She was not lying at all. When I got off the phone with her about 12:30pm I had a balance of -$145. As you read this my account balance is -$320. I haven't made any additional transactions since this fiasco started.
Naysayers, I know what your thinking... You are probably going to say 'You should have been responsible in managing your checking account.' Your right but THATS NOT THE ISSUE. The issue here is that the software kept charging me additional overdraft fees AFTER I bought the account current with NO additional transactions pending.
In Conclusion... let me say this. You have your own opinion of what happened here and that's cool, its the American way. This isn't the first time I have complained to BOA about this problem. There is a glitch in the software and no one is publicly acknowledging the problem. You and I both know that the stock would plummet through the earth if the public knew.
It doesn't matter what you think, its my account, my mistake. I can tell you this NAYSAYERS just don't let this happen to you. Its easy to throw rocks when you don't live in a glass house, isn't it?
If you have a similar story please JOIN complaintsboard and tell us what has happened to you. Thats what I did. If you know a good lawyer have them contact this site and legally get our names so we can file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Bank of America.
America, WAKE UP !! The large corporations are draining the life out of the honest people who pay taxes. Stop Complaining and talk amongst yourselves and Complain and Protest. You dont have to march in the streets or have a sit in. You have the INTERNET and other people and friends who have been unfairly taken advantaged of. You are POWERFUL thats why this website exists!!
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - not stopping unauthorized and fraudulent transaction - allowing it to complete first.
- Bank Of America Corporation - service in my area/ not providing me what I want that they can provide.
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud protection
- Bank Of America Corporation - The bank closed my account for no reason and retained my money!!!!
- Bank Of America Corporation - payment not received and negative charges applied