Bank Of America / living nightmare!!!
BOA is an perfect example of what does NOT work in America! I had my credit cards, mortgage, savings and checking accounts with BOA and it meant nothing to them when they jacked up my CC rates after I missed my payment dues date by one day and then missed my minimum payment by 82 cents! Both cost me my favorable 8.5% rate and after calling them to ask them to be reasonable and take into consideration my many years of charging and paying all their bills faithfully and on time, they rewarded me by reducing my credit line from $15K to $8K and because they did that, my outstanding balance now amounted to more that 80% of the credit line value so I was hit with another penalty and my interest rate went to 28.8%! Our AAA credit cards which were funded by BOA interest shot up as well and because my wife had her AAA credit tied into mine, her AAA BOA credit card rate went up as well! After spending countless hours on the phone mostly waiting after the automatic attendant placed me in Queue, I was not allowed to speak to anyone who had power to change the rates for me!
Seriously, I've had many banks in the past (Boston Five, Suffolk Franklin, Bank of Boston, Bay-bank, Citizens, Mt. Washington bank, South Boston Savings, Massachusetts Cooperative, and a few others) but I have never been treated with such disdain or impertinence and ultimately rudeness and disregard. Bank of America should have been allowed to fail so that perhaps out of the rubble a few decent SMALL banks could rise.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - bad customer service 
- Bank Of America - dishonest refinance good faith estimate
- Bank Of America/fia Card Services - not honoring written agreement
- Countrywide Cleaners - Damaged clothing
- Bank of America - unethical behavior