Bank Of America / run around / stonewalling
On 3/9 I contacted Bank of America Home Loans. The person who took my loan was Chad Harter in AZ. On taking my app, I explained that 4/23/2010 was my closing date and the reason I was going with BofA was because aprevious bank made a bad error that left a bad taste in my mouth so I didn't want their mortgage.
HE took my app, and I sent all the documents needed. I was assigned to Toni Ann Magadino in Long Island, NY. After forwarding her the documents, again, she was removed from my loan.
I was then assigned April Connolly out of Melville, VT. I got a conditional approval with a letter of conditional items. I supplied all these documents on April 1st, 2010.
My loan documents were not looked at until APRIL 16, 2010. That is a week before closing. It's incredible!
The week before closing, I received a letter asking for more documents. The day BEFORE closing, I received another letter asking for:
a) a marriage license (because I did not take my husband's name)
b) a letter from my post office that my physical address is the same as my POBox - ie, both were to me.
c) 20 other documents that would take days to get.
Why this stuff wasn't needed a month ago, I dont understand. I feel that they didnt have time to do my mortgage, knew that and stonewalled me.
My lawyer, in the business locally for 30+ years, said he's never heard of a marriage license requirement or a post office requirement.
I was able to, a day before closing, find another provider I have a business relationship with to write me a mortgage. I have excellent credit and financial reserves.
Bank of America wanted my business, and was willing to lie to keep my business. They've now lost all my business.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - bad customer service 
- Bank Of America - dishonest refinance good faith estimate
- Bank Of America/fia Card Services - not honoring written agreement
- Countrywide Cleaners - Damaged clothing
- Bank of America - unethical behavior