Bank Of America / unauthorized debit

1 2245 North StAnderson, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 530-378-7662

Bank of America uses incorrect dates for transactions. Here is the scenerio...on the evening of August 14 I went to bed, knowing that my paycheck from work would be direct deposited at midnight on August 15th. I told my husband that if he was up later that he could go ahead and pay our cell phone bill online when he saw that my paycheck was direct deposited. He kept checking the online account to see when my paycheck was deposited. He finally saw it deposited into my account at 1:45am (Eastern Time). So he then pays our cell phone bill right after he saw that my paycheck had been credited to my account. Well the following day, the 16th of August I noticed an overdraft fee of 35.00. I immediately called the bank to find out why this incorrect fee was posted to my account. The customer service person said that I payed my cell phone bill on the 14th, BEFORE my paycheck was deposited. I told him that my husband stayed up and payed it at 1:45 am right after he saw my paycheck was deposited. I even offered to prove it by taking my cell phone statement into a Bank of America branch to prove that the bill was paid online on the 15th. The customer service rep told me that this would only prove when my cell phone company RECEIVED the payment. He just kept saying over and over that the debit was made on the 14th when in fact it was made on the 15th. I have given up trying to get them to credit the fee back to my account after four emails to customer service and just canned responses received in response to my emails. If anyone is starting a class action lawsuit then I am in!!!

Va

Comments

Ch
  29th of Aug, 2009

Dump OBAMA'S Thieving Bank of OBAMA..er I mean America. He is paying them back for their donations that got him elected with YOUR money. Get A LOCAL credit union, instead. Google search it first before joining to see if they have any complaints against them.

After you get a credit union account, or two, take bankruptcy on bank of obama..er I mean America. Sure it will ruin your credit, if it isn't already ruined, but who cares!

DO NOT GO to any other bank... CREDIT UNION(S) ONLY!