Banfield Pet Hospital / they almost killed my cat
I took my cat in because he was having difficult breathing. Banfield decided he must have rabies shot since he was overdue. They never discussed the possible side effects... such as swelling of the face and throat and difficulty breathing; if they had I would never have agreed. Well my cat had a reaction to the vaccine and I thought he was going to die, the next morning they treated him with steroids and Benadryl but later that night his reaction flared again. How dumb do you have to be to give a cat a vaccine that will cause difficulty breathing when he is already having difficulty breathing? Despite bleeding me for hundreds of dollars for tests they couldn't figure out what was causing his problem and they didn't seem very concerned that he was in any real danger.
After two days at Banfield I took him to a pet hospital where they did more for him in ten minutes than Banfield did in two days. Within a half hour of being at the hospital my boy was breathing easy again and within a few more hours they had diagnosed his problem and prescribed a treatment plan. Sure it cost a few hundred more than Banfield but at least we got something for our money.
I don't think the Banfield vet is a bad person, I think she sincerely meant well but lacks the experience to be treating animals on her own and Banfield failed to provide proper support and supervision. Never will I go there again.
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude