Banfield Pet Hospital / terrible experience

Our dog started puking last night and then had bloody stool this morning, called our vet "Banfield" at PetsMart and said we think she has parvo "HELP". We were told they had new patients and well dog visits all day but they could see her at 4pm 7hours later. So we found another local vet who saw her immediately he confirmed that she did have parvo. He also said this is highly fatal in puppies and the longer you wait the higher the chances are of death. Needless to say we have a new vet. Banfield seemed more interested in Corporate Money than in the actual care of our puppy.

Va

Comments

• Va
      17th of Jul, 2008

On July 9, 2008 I took my puppy in to Banfield animal "hospital". The reason why I took him there is because my puppy was sick with Parvo. All he needed was his treatment. When I took him there they took him in, they wouldn't touch him and acted like they were going to help us and told us not to worry about anything and they would call us back.

They called us with an estimate, and I explained to them that I wouldn't get paid till Friday. My intention was not to leave him there get him treated and not pay. I just did not want him to die. She said I had to come pick him up! While I was trying to find other resources to see what other options we had, we kept him there thinking that they would at least give him fluids. You know keep him well while he was there.

Before we went to go pick him up, I had a very rude phone call from a worker there named Liz. She was being very smart alec with me, and her and co workers were all laughing in the background. When we went to go pick him up he was still in the cage where I had place him in, laying un touched.

Because of them my puppy is now dead! They could have done something to prevent his death, but instead all they did was ridicule us and laughed in our face. The reason why we went there is because on their website, it says they treat Pets like family. Well I'll be the first to tell you, that’s a false advertisement. They do not practice what they preach!! The place I went to go get his treatment the first time was really helpful and assisted my puppy right away. They also said that by law they should have done something to help him. Instead, they let him sit in a cage for 10 hours and feel every second of his suffering pain. This is a form of cruelty and neglect. They are a business and they are supposed to be there to help animals. I hope this is not the way they treat other pets because no one deserves to be treated that way. They treated him like he was just a nasty piece of trash!

We took him there in hopes that they would help him, instead we got a bunch of rude, insensitive, and uncaring people. I would not even take anything in need there ever again. That place was a big mistake in my part. I hope that what happened to my puppy, will not happen to anybody else.

They should seriously change their advertisement on their website to, "Have money? Come on in!!" Cause that’s the way they treated me!

I want this email to be forwarded to anybody and everybody that can help me put these people out of this profession, because the way they treated my puppy shows that they are not professional, or trained in their occupation. I will not stop until my voice is heard. And I will not let this die down the way they let my puppy die. It's a shame how people who are supposed to care for pets can be so cold hearted to an innocent little puppy!!

The place I went to was in Fort Worth, Texas

Pets Mart Banfield Hospital

415 Carroll St

(817) 870-1865

The girl I would especially like to report is named Liz!

I will also proceed in pressing charges!

• Li
      25th of Oct, 2008

Sounds like a terrible place to take a pet, sounds like they only care about the money and not the pets or customers.

• Gh
      25th of Mar, 2009

That is very unfortunate the way you and your pet were treated and I am sorry for your loss. I have to say being an employee of a Banfield who should be blamed are the clients who do get their pet treated and never pay. Sometimes people feel it is our responsibility to treat their sick pet even if they have no money.

Since I have been at Banfield I have seen more than enough people who come in and expect us to not charge and even try to negotiate prices. I have also heard "I get paid next week" and next week never comes and here the clients bill is not paid so us Techs and Dr's reap the loss of an nonpaying client.

Most people think Vet Medicine is a joke and that we just make people wait and pay. Well until you are in our shoes don't judge. 99% of vets do not take payment plans because there are a lot of deadbeats who do not pay. Be mad at them. Sad to say but I deal with clients like that everyday and it does make you a colder person because of the abuse of people who can't afford to treat their pets. (Not saying you are one of them)

It is also because we hear the same story over and over. It gets old after a while. Who I feel for are the animals they are the true victims not the client, Vet or Techs. If you can't afford the bill don't get the pet. I sometimes wonder if someone would treat their child the same way. Maybe just go to the ER and not pay their bill and leave the ER will the expense.

Again I am sorry for your loss and how you were treated. Not all Banfield hospitals and employees are the same. we do have hearts and care about what we do. I left an RN job to pursue my love for animals.

• Le
      8th of Jul, 2010

Banfield has a COME IN NOW policy. They should have seen here then... esp if they are your regular vet.. i am sorry!