Banfield Pet Hospital / banfield pet hospital killed our dog

1 Desert Ridge, United States

February 1, 2019
We brought our schnauzer to Banfield for a routine teeth cleaning but had concerns which we were told would be addressed and looked at prior to administering anesthesia. These concerns were ignored and the Negligence on Banfields part was the cause of our dogs death. On a previous visit December 2018. The same vet handling our dogs teeth cleaning had told my wife our schnauzer may have a heart murmur but not to worry it happens with some dogs but was noted in her write up. On February 1 2019 we dropped our schnauzer off at 7:45 am for a routine teeth cleaning. Upon drop off we brought up the note to check with the dr about her heart condition and asked that a more extensive liver test be run in addition to the standard blood work test as assurance that she would be able to handle the anesthesia. We we assured by the Banfield team this would happen and not to worry. 9:45 am that same morning we received a call that our dogs heart stopped after being administered the anesthesia. She was pronounced dead shortly after. We rushed to the Banfield center and I asked to see these lab results we had requested Banfield could not produce them. I had asked what precaution was taken in regards to the heart condition we spoke of at 7:45 am that same morning. Banfield could not produce any documentation. The negligence of this facility resulted in the death of our once happy healthy family dog. I entrusted Banfield with her life and they ( Banfields) ignored our requests. Our dog is now dead, so Banfield please explain to my child why his dog is gone. She was happy and healthy 9 year old schnauzer your recommendations were to be sure to bring her to us for teeth cleanings to help prolong her life But In fact it was her death sentence due to your Negligence. How did you run the labs and have the results in under an hour and a half.? And now I read about all the dogs you people are killing across the country hundreds and hundreds of complaints.