Avis Car Rental / stealing money

1 Germany Review updated:

I've rented audi a3 at avis darmstadt in 2009 aug. While travelling across the europe, someone scratched that car's door. Person who served me while checking-out said that I should no worry and they will contact me for that matter later. What I got instead - they charged my card for usd1300+ - just for the scratch on the door. Moreover, my bank charged me usd180 more for overdraft happened with my card's account. I tried to contact avis and ask for explanations, but they just couldn't send me any valuable information, just kept sending me some papers telling nothing. Simple way to steal your money since you put your signature under the contract letting them charge your card backdating. No matter how serious was damage - they will charge you for maximum possible (or even beyond possible) amount. Simple but unfair way to earn money. I will never use their service anymore and never recommend them even to my enemy. Robbers.

Comments

• Tw
      16th of Mar, 2010

Well did you get something in writing saying that you were not at fault and not responsible for the damages by Avis? Generally speaking any auto damage no matter how small should be reported to the police. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS NOT YOUR CAR!

The repair costs however are about right for that car. To bring it to exactly 100%, they probably had to repaint the entire door and that costs about 750 - 900 Euro depending on the color.