Avis Car Rental / awful company
I rented a car in Stockholm, Sweden for two weeks last spring. I told them I did not want their extra insurance, as I pay $25 to my credit card company each time I rent a car with their card, for their premium coverage.
The agent printed out a rental contract in Swedish ( I don't understand Swedish ) and told me to initial it to decline the insurance---he had actually filled in the contract to indicate that I accepted the insurance. My wife was standing next to me and heard me decline the insurance.
My credit card company has disputed the $350 charge with Avis and I have contacted Avis customer service---they refuse to correct this fraudulent charge because they have a contract with my initials on it.
I have contacted Christopher Elliott ( the ombudsman at National Geographic Traveler magazine )---He says this is known as the 'sign here scam' for foreign tourists.
More Avis Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental/ unprofessional customer service representative
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - 12 passenger van
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - unprofessional behavior 
- avis.com - rental car 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - charge for supposed parking ticket