AVG Technology CY Limited / Bad customer service

Cyprus Review updated:
4.45
I am writing with a complaint against AVG Technologies CY Limited. We purchased 1 year of Internet Security (AVG Anti-Virus Professional product) plus a backup CD on May 29, 2008. It was mailed to us by a third party, Digital River, Inc. out of Eden Prairie, MN. Over a month ago we started having problems with it. Our system told us we needed to do an AVG update and to make a long story short. We tried several, several times to do this but it would not update. Then we tried the trouble shooting, FAQ section to no avail. Then we tired to call to get help since we had purchased the item. We went through several phone numbers we had and found on line to different places which led to lots of fustration. NO one could help!! We finally called our computer person who works on our computers who is the one that told us about AVG and who has it on his computer and he tried to call and got no where! We are now using the "FREE" version instead of the paid version and hopefully it will work... I think that AVG needs to give us back the money we paid for the one year plus the backup CD which is a total of $65.94. PLUS WE HAD TO PAY OUT ANOTHER $80.00 FOR OUR COMPUTER PERSON. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AVG TO ANYONE!!! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NO PHONE # TO REACH SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP!
Va

Comments

Ge
  25th of Apr, 2009
I wish to return the cd which I purchased REF#269224685.I looked at several sights regarding customer srvice and couldn't find the correct place to find this information including no phone #.
gericoh@verizon .net, thank you

geraldine cohan
255 breezewood common
east amherst, n.y. 14051
Sa
  28th of Feb, 2011
I bought AVG back in December10. I keep getting notice that I need to buy it. I have the transation on my Wells Fargo credit card bill. Please tell someone in your office I already paid for this year. Please fix it.