AVG / customer service does not exist
When I bought avg tuneup, avg actually installed a virus or trojan horse on my computer which changed my preference for newtab selection. I spent many hours one day trying to rid myself of this abomination, reading complaint files, etc. I tried uninstalling the programs through windows programs and features and in some way it was locked in and would just loop instead of allowing its removal. I tried the avg browser configuration tool — the one promoted by the company on its customer service page and it would not work. If it did once, it would stop working on the second attempt. The phone number listed was bogus. It had been disconnected some time ago and the similarly bogus customer support page still showed it.
I finally had to manually go into the browser configuration page about:config and search "newtab" and manually remove it. So far it is working. But as a result of the nonexistent customer support, I have disputed my credit card company paying them for avg tuneup and I have removed it from my computer! It is unfortunate because previously I had had good results from both the purchased anti-virus program and the pc tuneup program. This experience was enough to sour me totally on the company. I will search for another internet security program from someone who actually cares about its customers.
More AVG Complaints & Reviews
- AVG - e-mail address 
- AVG - tech buddy/online tech support 
- Dri*AVG Online Store Element5. Info MN - duplicate chges on credit card 
- AVG Technologies Cy Limited - paid for but not usable 
- AVG Technology CY Limited - bad customer service 
- www.Avg.Com Njcosia CY - unautherized deduction from my personal bank account 
- Free AVG (Anti Virus Guard) - did not work 
- AVG AntiVirus - constant harassment
- AVG Technologies - unauthorized credit card charges
- Avguns.com - I have never received my products