AVG / customer service does not exist

Tucson, AZ, United States Review updated:

When I bought avg tuneup, avg actually installed a virus or trojan horse on my computer which changed my preference for newtab selection. I spent many hours one day trying to rid myself of this abomination, reading complaint files, etc. I tried uninstalling the programs through windows programs and features and in some way it was locked in and would just loop instead of allowing its removal. I tried the avg browser configuration tool — the one promoted by the company on its customer service page and it would not work. If it did once, it would stop working on the second attempt. The phone number listed was bogus. It had been disconnected some time ago and the similarly bogus customer support page still showed it.
I finally had to manually go into the browser configuration page about:config and search "newtab" and manually remove it. So far it is working. But as a result of the nonexistent customer support, I have disputed my credit card company paying them for avg tuneup and I have removed it from my computer! It is unfortunate because previously I had had good results from both the purchased anti-virus program and the pc tuneup program. This experience was enough to sour me totally on the company. I will search for another internet security program from someone who actually cares about its customers.

Al
Aug 10, 2014

Comments

• Ly
      Aug 08, 2014

I bought the 2014 AVG 2014 with PC Clean-up. It gave me both licenses, but the instructions weren't able to be completed. This is because it would not show me the links I was supposed to click on. Every time I would click on AVG it would go to my 2012 AVG. It will not show me the 2014 AVG nor the clean-up program.

• Do
      Aug 08, 2014

Did you contact customer service? You may have to uninstall AVG 2012 first.

• Ga
      Jul 23, 2015

I; bought tree thing, not is product not is service not money only stolen I, m Gabriel M Lopez