Avg Anti-virus / incompetence

Bowie, United States Review updated:

I bought the AVG PC Tuneup and also used the free AVG internet security package. I then bought the professional version of the anti-virus security package. I was having trouble upgrading to the Pro version and contacted AVG support. They said they will do the install for me for $14.95 by taking control of my computer. I protested saying that the update problem was theirs and not mine. They said that because I am such a highly-valued customer they would do it for free. To make a long story short they couldn’t do the upgrade, my computer became inoperable, and finally they told me to contact my Internet Access Provider.

Based on my reading of user complaints I know that I will not be able to get a refund so I am cutting my losses. BUT

NO MORE AVG for me!

Jo
Apr 19, 2014

Comments

• Ce
      29th of May, 2009
    Avg Anti-virus - Returned product
    Digital River, Inc.
    9625 West 7th St., Suite 150
    Eden Praire
    Minnesota

Reference order #267968695 dated April 11, 2009
    On April 16, 2009, I returned the AVG Anti-Virus and AVG 8.5 Installation Disc because I could not get it to work with my computer. I asked that credit be applied to my Visa card in the amount of $45.94. To this date, credit has not been applied. Please advise status of my account.
    Cecille Craven

Avg Anti-virus - Virus
    AVG
    Florida
    avg.com

I paid for the full version of AVG. I got a virus and called customer service. They put me off for several days, always lying that I would have a resolution by the end of the day. Never fixed the virus, wouldn't refund my money because it was not in the first 30 days. Can't believe that a company that sells anti-virus software allows you to get a virus and then doesn't nothing to correct it or compensate.