Avent Baby Bottles / Leaking bottles

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

For my 3 yr old daughter i used avent bottles and loved them. But now with my 3 month old baby I have been using them and I hate them because they leak. When ever I shake it to mix the formula and water it leaks!
I want my money back! I paid $18.99 for 2 4oz bottles!

Comments

• Ra
      4th of Mar, 2009

these wose bottles iv ever used. i spent £40 on these bottle for 12 and both packs are leaking!! i want my money back!!!

• El
      11th of Mar, 2009

Goeie dag

Ek is 'n moeder met 'n baba seuntjie. Van dat ek kan onthou vertel ALMAL vir my hoe goed is Avent bottels. Ek het 3 bottels gekry. En is BAIE TERLEURGESTELD want 2 van die 3 bottels lek melk. Ek moes my kind nou al vele kere droog aantrek want ek kan die melk of water uit die klere en spoeg doek uit druk dan loop dit so erg lek die bottels. NOu wonder ek maar net by myself hoekom is dit bottels dan so goed en hoekom praat almal so goed van dit want ek is GLAD NIE beindruk met die bottels nie. Op die stadium werk die R10 bottels vir my duisend keer beter as die amper R200 se bottel. Ek wil nou graag sien of Avent dan so goed is soos almal se dat hulle vir my die 2 bottels gaan vervang. Hoop ek hoor gou van enige iemand wat aan my kan diens lewer.
    Elanie Erasmus
    0742202857

• Fl
      11th of Mar, 2009

I have the same leaking problem...When my daughter was born we had the non BPA free bottles and didnt have a leaking problem. Then when she was 5 months we thought we better buy the BPA free bottles and spent over $100 on them and they leak every time we shake them...we have been very frustrated with avent.

• Fr
      15th of Mar, 2009

I used their bottles six years ago with my first son and they were great. This time they leak costantly. You have to rescrew the lid several times to get a good seal. I have contacted Phillips Avent through their website and hope to have some kind of fix made by them.

• Mi
      9th of Jun, 2009

These are just terrible bottles. 1 out of every 3 leaks all over my son resulting in lost milk and a messy sticky baby. Not worth the hassle, Go with Born Free or Dr Browns. I will not be endorsing AVENT any longer.

• Jl
      14th of Jun, 2009
    Avent Baby Bottles - Leaky bottles
    Avent
    New Jersey

These bottles are horrible and useless!!! They were very expensive and leaked all over the place. Ruined clothes and blankets! I have switched to Dr. Browns bottles. Cheaper and 100% better. My son (now 6 years old) had colic very bad. I wish they had the Dr. Browns bottles back then. I use them with my 4 week old and there are no air bubbles and the gas problem is almost eliminated. Thank you Dr. Brown. Shame on you Avent :(

26th of Jul, 2009

I also have the same problem!

• Ll
      11th of Sep, 2009

I found this blog (http://mecrunchy.blogspot.com/2008/01/solution-to-avent-bottle-leak.html) that provides the solution to this problem and it works. You might want to try it out.

• Am
      14th of Nov, 2009

I purchased 4oz Avent baby bottles (Amber colored) and they leak when feeding baby. I looked online and this was a known issue. I called Avent and they said they'd replace bottles with 9oz newer version that has an additional part, a ring that goes over the mouth of the bottle, that is supposed to prevent the leaks. 2 weeks later and the replacements haven't come yet (I called Avent back and they said they are back ordered). In the mean time, I went back to the store and bought the 9 oz newer version with the ring (they are clear not amber) and it still didn't fix the leaking problem. They are better, but still leak every once in a while.

I'm done with Avent, I switched to Born Free bottles. The nipple collar has ridges and is easier to open when wet and more importantly, they don't leak.

• Fe
      27th of Nov, 2009

I'm a very frustrated mother of 2. Recently I've just purchased 4 Avent BPA free bottles for my newborn and they all leak every time I shake them. I have to rescrew the lid over and over again. It has been a problem to most of my friends too. Avent used to be a reputable and trustable brand, I had them 3 years ago and they were wonderful. But I'm not sure about it now. What actually happen I wonder? Can the manufacturer or the company representative explain why?

2nd of Dec, 2009

have the same problem with the BPA bottle also. My father whose in the US bought it for my newborn baby, I'm in the Philippines and I was wondering how to reach any customer service of Philips Avent here. is there anyone who can help me?????is it possible to have them replace?????. it was frustrating using it and time consuming. it leaks all the time!

• Ks
      4th of Dec, 2009

THIS SOLUTION WORKS! http://mecrunchy.blogspot.com/2008/01/solution-to-avent-bottle-leak.html My Avent bottles are no longer leaking! Easy to follow pics and instructions. Thanks to the original poster :)

• Ba
      26th of Jan, 2010

I used Avent bottles with my 10 y/o and they were great. I now have a 7 mth old and the Avent bottles are horrible. I do not know what happened to them. They either leak when I shake them or after feeding my baby and I turn them right side up the formula that leaked into the in the ring pours out. However, I do love the sterlizer. Avent really needs to have a recall on all their bottles.

27th of Jan, 2010

I hava a 8 month old avent bottles are all he will drink out of, so i dont have a choice with being able to swap. but i am sick of the leaking bottles, especially at 5 in the morning with milk flying ecerywhere... it's not like their a cheap bottle to buy !!!

• Ve
      10th of Feb, 2010

I have used advent bottles for my 2year old. I have bought 5 of the 4 pack bottles to date and they all leaked. It is really frustrating when you spend so much money on these bottles and they don't even do what they are designed for. My child also like there soothers and fron this day on I will never purchase anything again made from philips. They are just out to make money and don't care about their customers.

• El
      30th of Apr, 2010

absolutely discusted with avent bottles, they are not cheap yet they still leak whilst im feeding my baby. discusting and avent should deal with the matter properly, WILL NOT be buying or recommending these bottles to anyone!!

• Kp
      25th of May, 2010

I want to throw my Avent bottles away & go buy all new ones, I am so frustrated with them leaking! There is nothing worse than a crying/hungry baby in the middle of the night and sticky milk running all over both of us! I called Avent Customer Service & they are supposed to be sending me new nipples, rings, and sealing discs. I have no received them yet, but if they don't work I'll be getting new bottles. The rep also told me that using antibacterial dish soap can ruin the nipples & rings causing them to leak, the antibacterial has a harsh component I guess. I will not be recommending these bottles to anyone!

• Au
      23rd of Jun, 2010

watch out cause these bottles leak from the base of the bottle as well its a joke i have 6 bottles and 3 of them have leaked at the base one actually has a hole in it and guess what there is no website that give the address to send these bottles back to its a disgrace do your self A favour and buy nuk bottles .

• Mr
      24th of Jun, 2010

I have 3 children and have always used avent bottles the bottle were great and i would of recommended them to everyone since my 3 month old daughter was born every bottle i have used has leaked i thought i had a faulty batch so i replaced them with more and had the same problem. these bottles have spoilet many off my possessions in my bag including many off her cloths if this complaint is not dealt with in the way i expect i will take this further and contact the papers and by the look of other complaint i have allot of back up

• Mo
      27th of Aug, 2010

The Best Solution to the Avent bottles that leak would be to use the line with the additional Adapter ring that goes in between the Screw ring and the bottle itself . This ring only works on one specific bottle as the neck of these bottles are slightly shorter than the neck of the bottles with the honey color on them.While the ring is made as an additional anti colic feature of the bottle, it does eliminate any issue of leaking. If you call Avent they will replace the Honey color bottles with these bottles that have the adapter ring.