Autonationgap insurance

When I bought a new car in 12/2/17 a Nissan Rogue 2017. My financial advisor I saw Dylan who works at auto nation Nissan in chandler on Gilbert road didn't advise me that I should wait to cancel my gap insurance until I get my paperwork in the mail that my old car a Nissan Sentra was paid off. Dylan just canceled the insurance and spoke to myself and my father that I would be getting a check in the mail paying me back 700-800. I still have not received it in the mail so I came into auto nation 7/19/18 at 4:20pm and spoke with the financial advisor manager David Workman and he advised me that I should have waited to cancel the insurance. So because Dylan didn't advise me that instead of recieving a check reimbursement for the insurance auto nation Nissan got the check and now I can not get the money back. As a customer I was upset due to the fact that my advisor Dylan didn't go over this option with me he just canceled and said I would be getting a check in a few weeks. The manager David said now I can't do anything about it and I think it's ridiculous. I think it's fair if I get the reimbursement or compensate something else. The manager was no help not even apologized and wouldn't write down what i should have done next time purchasing a new car. The manager said " I don't want to write it because I don't want to guarantee what I'm saying". As a customer I purchased my first car here and also purchased a brand new car this year and I don't think it's right or the fact I didnt get an apology.

Autonation