ATT Uverse / very bad service

Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:
My installation for ATT U-verse was scheduled to occur yesterday December 9th, 2008. The installer called before arriving and was prompt and pleasant when he showed up. After walking through my house he advised me he had to leave and would be back in 30-45 minutes to go to the hub for our neighborhood. He arrived back as promised, but then left again for another 30 minutes. This time he returned to tell me he had bad news that he cannot do the install today because he needs someone from the "INR" department to fix the switch at the hub...whatever thast means. He said they will 'probably" "maybe" "possibly would come out tomorrow, and they could have him "probably" "possibly" come back tomorrow to retry the install. I asked him to confirm appointments before leaving as to know if I needed to change my schedule to accomodate them again. He said he would let me know before he left. Well he sat in his truck possibly on the phone for about 30 minutes then drove off. That was last I have seen of him. I called the dispatch center to find out what was going on and was advised that the installer could not have set me up for another install date tomorrow because ATT was cancelling already scheduled appointments and not scheduling new appointments until the "flood" of problems was corrected with Uverse. I was given a phone number to the complaint department called the "Save" department only to get a recorded message saying they were not accepting any new calls or messages due to problems beyond their control and to call back at a later time. I called Direct TV and had my service re-instated without difficulty and received a second DVR, 3 months HBO/TMC/Showtime/Stars, plus two, one year long rebates total 23.00 / month for 12 months. ATT you are very unorganized and horrible with communication to customers. So far no one has attempted to contact me from ATT about the problems.
Cu

Comments

Ru
  26th of Jan, 2009
ATT pretty much sucks. We had UVERSE installed recently and I have never seen such bad work. I now have cables laying on the ground and in bushes around my house. I have cable now stapled to baseboards in my house and I have cables just hanging down walls outside the house. I contacted my salesperson who told me to contact him if I had any problems at all and he is ignoring me. I am thinking I will probably just cancel the service and just call it a learning experience.

ATT Uverse Logo ATT Uverse