AT&T / two unauthorised charges to my credit card so far.

1 Tyabb Melbourne Victoria, Australia

Complaint is concerning a prepaid sim with the number: [protected].
While on holiday in America in September I went to the AT&T shop at grapevine mills grapevine Texas and asked for a pre paid sim for the 3 weeks I was there, so 1 month was more than enough. The employee asked what I wanted it for and sold me the sim. He offered to activate it and set it up for me, which I said would be good. I went to pay cash for the sim which would have been $70 US, but he said it had to be a credit card. I questioned this by saying that I only wanted it for 1 month and asked him to confirm that it is a one off payment. So I gave him my details to activate the sim. When it was activated he rang the number to confirm it was working. Which was good. He then said you won't need the card that the sim came out off and threw it in the bin. I didn't question that because the sim was working and I couldn't think of a reason why I would need it. I arrived back in Australia on the 4th of October and went about my normal routine until I noticed activity on my credit card from vesta at&t to the value of $85.03 AU which I assume is equivalent to $70US. I tried calling them and grew frustrated with the fact there is no option to speak to anyone to sort out the problem. The automated service said to enter the cell number and then enter the pin. I had no pin, the employee set it up and through the card out that it would have been on. Another automated option said to call a certain number from the phone with the sim in it. The American sim does not work in Australia. So that was not an option at all. There has now been a second charge to my credit card for $83.14 AU on the 14th November. It is looking like I am going to have to cancel my credit card because of this fraudulent activity. I don't know if this is normal activity for at&t or whether this employee was trying to get a bonus or something even though what he did was illegal. I am not asking for the money back, although they should refund me. I just want them to stop charging my credit card.

Ra