ATT / service and contract

1 TX, United States

Had ATT DSl and landline, with repeated problems. Tech advised to switch to U verse. I switched. Took ALL day to install, one of my bedroom phone jacks no longer works after the install, and my calls drop if the modem on the desk is moved. (faulty wiring). They came out, replaced wiring, but problem still exists. Got billed for ATT Uverse, AND ATT DSL/land lines. After 2 mos - they finally corrrected the billing and oferred me a $15 off to compensate for the problems. Now we are 3 mos later, calls still dropping, internet still BELOW level I pay for, and overall telecom costs $30 more than what I was paying before. Called today to try to cancel. Was told I was sent an email contract on 5/12. Pulled up that folder - no email - requested proof of it sent - no one knows how to do that. After being transferred around, was told I was not in contract in May (hence no email to that effect should have been sent--somebody's lying). But...according to them, I locked into contract when I accepted their $15.00/mo compensation for the previous service/billing problems. Still waiting to HEAR the recorded call where it says I was enterring a contract. Been on with them 3 hrs on this - and now she's tells me no sup is available to play the call for me..but...what do I want them to keep me as a customer. Told them - GET RID OF THE CONTRACT status, and give me flexibility to chose a service that works for me. she claims she did that. we'll see what new charges/fees go on my account in a few days.