AT&T / horrible customer service

1 United States

After spending 4+ hours calling AT&T and my bank over a charge back of $160, I called in again on 8/30/18 at 3:10 ET to try and locate the source of the problem. I got on the phone with Rodrigo Godoy #RG5947 out of the Salt Lake City call center. Mr. Godoy was beyond reprehensible in how he handled my request. He engaged me like I was clueless and stupid. I told him the reason for my call. He asked "what bill period is it for". I responded with not being sure which statement the charge back was applied to. I've been told by at least 5 different employees something completely different every time I've called in the past week and a half. I expressed my frustration. He responded very inappropriately with "well you don't even know what bill its applied to, what do you want me to do?" I said 'excuse me". He repeated himself. I said "I'm not sure, this is all confusing, that's why I'm calling. Look it up". After he was continually rude I asked to speak to his manager. He wouldn't transfer me. He just kept telling me no. I asked for his name. He said that he already gave me that info. I asked for his employee number and he pretended not to have one. I told him I hope these calls are recorded because I can and will complain. He said 'I hope you do." This person does not belong in any of your call centers. The customer service department is a nightmare to contact in the 1st place. Mr. Godoy provided absolutely 100% 0 assistance in what I needed solved. This remind you is after I've spent 4+ hours on the phone with your company trying to resolve my issue. I know no one's perfect, but the complete lack of effort and the total disrespect I felt from Rodrigo is inexcusable. I pay your company too much money every month to be treated like that. I hope this matter is resolved appropriately. I've never made a formal complaint in my life. I usually just move on with my day. This guy is the worst rep I've ever talked to at any call center. EVER.

Ky