AT&T / dtv promotional deception
At the end of December 2015, AT&T and DTV ran a promotion offering the NFL Sunday Ticket for 2 years at no cost if you switched from cable TV to DirecTV. We subscribed.
All of a sudden last month, we were being billed for an additional $45 for the NFL Sunday Ticket for 2017 season! (It is $45 a month the 6 months) When I questioned why we were being charged and verified our contract was indeed for 2 years of the "Sunday Ticket" for no cost; their explanation was that our 2 years of no cost was for the final 2 weeks of the 2015 season and the 2016 season?
So, their promotion was a scam. We received 2 weeks of the remaining 2015 season and 1 full year of the 2016 season. "Sorry for the misunderstanding" is all they said and we are having to pay for 2017. Talk about deceptive promotion and advertising!
On top of that, I have cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket and they are still keeping my first two $45 payments towards the 2017 payments. Needless to say, when my 2 year contract is up with DTV at the end of Dec, we will be seeking another TV service. Unbelievable!
My act# is: 14297888
More AT&T Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T - Commercial complaint for DSL from a busy pharmacy !!!!
- AT&T - internet service, customer service 
- AT&T - customer service 
- AT&T - residential internet service set up
- AT&T - installation tech never showed up to appointment, horrible customer service when trying to find out when they will get here.