att dsl service / att sucks!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I ordered the DSL service and was told by the Rep that i could be setup the next day. First of ALL the Rep was wrong, he told me the modem was free (Wrong again) told me the price would be $19.99 (Wrong again) and that the kit would be send to us (Wrong, kit was never sent). I called ATT Customer Service because I had doubts about them being above borderline idiots. When I finally got someone on the line
he knew nothing about the account (That I had already setup) and gave a connection date of April 20th once the account was setup (again) and, when the Tech showed up to switch the line over because I wanted ONLY DSL no phone service...he said that the office did not give him the correct information to make the connection.

My wife tried her luck four days later and was on hold with Customer Service for over and hour and a half and since they did not know exactly what to do we of course cancel the order since the ATT people were too much of an idiot to have the job done. We deal with idiot companies lots here in Florida but this is one of the worse even more so than Directv.

Why is it getting much harder to get good service in this country when we work so hard for our money these day?

Do

Comments

• Co
      19th of Sep, 2009

I agree with you completely Doug, you can read my current issues with AT&T dsl at my profile by clicking my complaints. My story is too long to tell each time so I won't here, but I will be updating my dealing with AT&T at my complaint until issues are resolved or I finally switch providers, something I would have a tough time doing in my area being we only have one other provider. As for AT&T reps being idiots, even though that's mostly true, I think their overall system of communicating with each other is so flawed most reps can't do much about it. I wonder how many work overseas?

• De
      6th of May, 2010

ive ben dealing with the idiots at att for a year and one department can never handle what u need . u get transfered to fifty people and none of them have the same answer or know how to fix anything im so tired of fighting with them im ready to give up, which is exactly what thay want me to do...