AT&T DSL Internet Service / no dsl service

8061 E. Hahn, Utica, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 586 731 2677

my dsl internet service has been out or disrupted (20) times since june 6th, 2011. They say the problem is in the (3) miles of outside lines. As of July 4th, (today) the issues still exsists. I want my service restored. I filed a complaint today with the Federal Trade Commission. I recommend everyone who is have a problem with DSL connectivity do so.

Comments

• Jb
      Jul 04, 2011

i wouldnt doubt that they are right. DSL runs off of normal phone lines. HOWEVER, they are very susceptible to interference and have to be setup perfectly for a good connection. a connection will drop if the signal has to travel too far without amplification. Hence the reason why they say that being 3 MILES outside of the area is the cause. that 3 miles is a long way for the signal to travel without amplification.
    however, it could be multiple things. it could be an error as to the way that its setup( long phone line from wall to modem, filters on the wrong outlets or filters not connected), it could be old phone lines in the home, it could be something so insignificant as having a speaker next to the dsl phone line/modem. hell, it could even be a security system causing the probem.
    there is something wrong. assuming that everything within in the home is right, i would have to agree with AT&T and say that its because of the range that your at.

• At
      Jul 05, 2011

Hi, I'm with AT&T. I'm sorry you've been having such a difficult time with your DSL service. Please forward your account/contact information to [protected]@att.com and I'll be happy to try and assist. Please include the details as well as your screen name "utica dsl sucks" in the subject line. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. -ATTCustomerCare