At&t

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 by

billing and modem

Since May 2017 a charge of $7.00 + tax and a late fee is added to my bill every month for a modem I purchased from eBay, it’s the third modem I bought in six years, I must call them every month about the bill. This modem was bought around May 9, 2017. I called at&t Uverse to let them know that I had bought another modem and I needed a return mailer to return theirs, they sent one through email. I returned their modem May 19, 2017 by the US Postal service, they didn’t say (any of the six-other customer service representative) that I couldn’t use my own modem, I had always done it. I tracked it to them, they said they haven’t received it, the post office tracking says they’ve received it (about five days) when I checked. Now they are saying after I purchased and have had my own and used my own for years that they have a problem with me using a purchased modem. Amazon and eBay sell the modems on line, are they selling illegally or selling something we consumers can’t use. They say they will have to charge me for using my modem, as if I’m using their modem, and they can’t do anything about it. They say they’ll send me another modem, to replace my purchased one, so it's justified when they charge me.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree