Att/Bellsouth / Unethical sales tactics

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-306-8688

This is he letter I am trying to send to att/bellsouth:

To whom it may concern,

My name is John Anthony and I feel that I have been the victom of unethical sales techniques. I called Att and spoke to Mrs. Green sometime in April before the 14th. She was very nice and explained to me my options. I told her I was interested in switching to att from Brighthouse Networks and that I had unlimited local and long distance for $39.99 per month. If she was able to give me some thing similar thaen I would make the switch. At this time the att website was different than it is now. Please research the cash back discounts that your website offered. She offered me a plan that has unlimited local and long distance for $51.22 with $150 cash back. The web site said the same thing...fyi I turned down this offer as it is still too expensive compared to your competition. She then offered me a plan that has unlimited local and long distance for a total of $45.19 including all taxes and fees with only $100 cash back. I agreed to this as this was close to what I was paying with Brighthouse. I wrote down the cost, her name, and then confirmed all the info again to ensure that it was correct. She gave me a couple different phone numbers and told me to check the rewards att.rewards site in about 2-4 weeks. I have been doing this for a while now and I don't see any rewards.

Today I received a bll for $63.98 with .05 a minutes for long distance. Immediately I called [protected] and talked to Mrs. Higgins and then her supervisor Ms.Thibodeaux. Unfortunately they were not able to help me at all as they said that I have to pick from one the the current plans. the problem is that the current web sit you own has been updated with the newest offers (different from last months offers). That and the info that Mrs. Green gave me to sell me the service was apparently wrong information.

I have never received this kind of poor customer service with a company in my life. I feel manipulated and tricked into using your company with incorrect sales techniques. I urge you to check your phone records for the recorded call between Mr.s Green and myself. As well as check with IT support about the web page deals last month. This way you can see that I am not wrong in any way. Just expect what I was promised. I hope to hear from some in upper management that cares about this customer enough to honor what was promised.

John J. Anthony III

Towne Park

Comments

• Al
      17th of Jun, 2008

They did the same to me in a slightly different way promising me free long distance by me switching to DSL and getting rid of cable and giving me 65.00 dollars to switch they came to my house to sell me on this bunk. They switched me but airight but I never recieved the long distance change, once I made the change they said it was to late I needed to complain within 30 Days, NICE WAY to do business. In my opinion every time I deal with ATT theres always a catch or scam attached.

• Ca
      18th of Aug, 2008

AT&T has scammed me with their completely unethical practices. I chose the two pack plan with unlimited local and long distance calling for $50 a month, but I was actually paying around $70 because of all the hidden fees. I added dial up internet service so my final bill was around 85$ give or take a couple dollars. For the past 3-4 months my bills have gotten more and more expensive, of course i have to call them every month just to get them to correct my bill! What kind of service is that?? I am a consumer and they are trying to rip me off, but I am still a "valued customer", What they do is borderline illegal, definitely unethical, and completely low. They take advantage of their valued customers, and I will not stand for it! I am not rich, I am not a president of some huge company, I am a working class woman and I will not be taken advantage of by unscrupulous monoplizing corporations! They also signed me up for the newest DSL service, which I never asked for! They sent me a modem in the mail, without my consent. And now I am paying 75$ for a modem that has been returned to the company! I am definitely switching service providers. If I had the money, then I would sue, but they know that I am no threat to them because I stand alone, mostly. What can we do to preserve our rights of free market? Where we have a choice of who to take our business with.