Asurion / poor cell phone insurance
T-Mobile offers 3rd party insurance (Asurion) for lost or broken cell phones at a low cost of $5.99 per month. On Feb. 14, 2009 my cell phone was stolen. Feb. 15th I filed the claim with Asurion via the phone. At that time Asurion told me the phone was not in stock and I would be contacted when it was in stock (Blackberry Curve). The customer service rep couldn't even give me an indication if it would be re-stocked in days, weeks, or even months.
Feb. 20 again contacted Asurion to determine if the phone was in stock, it was, paid the $130 deductible via credit card and waited for the phone to arrive via UPS. Feb. 28th again contacted Asurion to check up on the shipping status since the phone had not arrived. Asurion said it did not ship and again processed the order so it would ship. March 9th again followed up with Asurion to check the shipping status of the phone. Again Asurion said it did not ship and again they processed the order to have the phone shipped.
I gave up and bought a new phone. The insurance is worthless because Asurion could not provide me with a replacement phone in a timely fashion. Who want's to wait over 20 days to get a replacement phone. My suggestion is do the research and pick a different cell phone insurance company. Worth paying slightly more to have better service.
More Asurion Complaints & Reviews
- Asurion - poor service! 
- Asurion / T-Mobile - phone insurance replacement 
- Asurion Wireless Insurance - failure to provide refund/fraudulent business practice 
- Asurion Insurance - scam and cheating 
- Asurion - they said that I never returned the damaged phone 
- Asurion - guitar center pro coverage
- Asurion - total mobile protection policy through verizon
- Asurion - sprints trust that asurion would take care of its customers
- Asurion - phone insurance
- Asurion - cellphone