Associated Bank / Solicitation Illegal or Not?
Solicitation Illegal or Not?
I was shopping at Mega Foods West (Eau Claire, WI) where a gal from Associated Bank (the in store bank) approached me and persuaded me into opening a free checking account. She told me that the bank is offering free checking accounts, with no fees or charges, and if I wanted I could just use this account as a savings account. I opened the account and ordered a box of checks. Months later the bank changed their policy and now charge a $5.00 fee per month if I do not actively use this account. I stopped at the bank today and asked them to refund me for my box of checks and the $10 fee (2 months x $5) that they charged me, which they refused to do. I therefore closed this account. I feel that Mega Foods West and Associated Bank should be liable for the way in which they solicited their customers and then intentionally change their bank policy! How many other people did they get the same way they got me? It is not really the issue of the money but the way in which this banking business made their money. If you too have noticed this extra charge on your statement please contact me.
Please find attached:
1. Bank Statement
2. Copy of the Thank You card
3. additional miscellaneous documents
Craigs List financial
Better Business Bureau
Tradin Post Buyers Guide
Americans For Fairness in Lending
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
The Federal Reserve
State Attorney General
Mega Foods West
More Associated Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Associated Bank - Rip off 
- Associated Bank - checking overdraft fees 
- Associated Bank - Overcharged 
- Associated Bank - Failure to close accounts, horrible service!
- Associated Bank - Unfair nsf fees 
- Associated Bank - Bank Fraud
- Associated Bank Wisconsin - Worst Customer Service
- Associated Bank - I have had an awful banking experience with them
- Associated Bank - Overdraft Fees 
- Associated Bank - unreasonable fees