Aspen Dental / unprofessionalism

SE 14th St. , Des Moines, United States Review updated:

I want to let someone know about my experience at the SE 14th Aspen dental office in Des Moines, IA. The dental hygienist was completely non informative and had a uncommunicative behavior. I felt that I could have benefited from someone who would have been able to reply to my questions in a professional, knowledgeable manner and at least try to offer helpful advise or hints in a professional cheerful manner. What I got was a sullen uneducated response to my questions, she was slurring her words and gave the impression that she was not even qualified for the position at all. I also observed her and the majority of the staff circling a patient file and making comments and laughing, this is completely unacceptable behavior people have a right to their dignity and privacy and I feel this is a violation of HIPAA!!! I was completely disappointed with the unprofessional and unknowledgeable staff at this location on August 25, 2014, I have no desire to have another horrendous experience with the quality of people that they have employed at this location and will not schedule any services in the future with this company, I also will forewarn my friends and professional acquaintances of my experience.

Cu
Aug 26, 2014

Comments

• Cu
      Aug 26, 2014

You have a right to your dignity and privacy, HIPAA act.

• Se
      Sep 26, 2014

These clinics are the bottom of the heap for employees. The sheer volume of patients wear hygienists out. Good dentists and hygienists leave these places for better jobs as soon as they can.

Good patients also leave these clinics as soon as possible. The smartest ones never go to them to start with.