Aspen Dental / trying to get me to buy bottom full plate

1 Scranton, PA, United States Review updated:

It started when 2 teeth on my partial were broken and lossed so i made an appointment. I waited at their office a half hour after my app. with people coming in and going right by me into their examining rooms. I proceeded to complain and their response was that I was a new patient and needed an exam. I stated that all I needed was my plate repaired. The exam was free she said . So I said O.K. After the exame they stated they had to pull all my bottom teeth and put a full bottom plate in for a thousand dollars. Allo I wantesd was my partialo fixed they said couldnt do it because it was metal. Well my teeth were solid enough for me so I told them to shove it and they responded in a rude nasty way . The next day I went to Forum Dental in Scranton and had them fix my plate in an Hour. So watch Aspens racket they try to push you into a expensive proceedure when you dont need it.

Br

Comments

28th of Sep, 2010

Today I went to Aspen Dental for a filling that came out.
    I couldn't make an appt b/c I didn't have dental insurance... then showed the secretary $5000 cash & asked how that worked for her.
    Now they took me right in. Full circular head x-rays twice followed by manual x-rays of my whole mouth.
    A full exam later & the dentest insisted on pulling ALL MY TEETH & giving me dentures!
    He said if I didn't agree he wouldn't be able to treat me!

He double talked pointing to digital x-rays... only I can read xrays ;)
    I pointed out the tooth I requested treatment for with a healthy uninfected root with the nerve far enough from the area that the filling fell out of.
    I asked if he was afraid of getting too close to the nerve & resulting in a root canal. He admitted it wouldn't need a root canal.
    So fix it... right?
    He left the room... a secretary came in & explained that the dentist gave me his treatment plan & wouldn't be able to help me
    unless I agreed. I agreed to take his card with his licencing info on it ;)
    Tomorrow morning I'm going to kick the hornet's nest that licenses this crook.