Aspen Dental / charging my account for services that haven't been rendered and were canceled the next day

1 375 Amherst st.Nashua, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: (603) 595-5400

I went there for my daughter to have here teeth looked at. After the free x-ray and consultation, they said she needed two fillings and a cleaning and was also told that she needed to see an orthodontist. When I was being told what had to be done, they knew I didn't have insurance so they set me up on one of their payment plans. It was a 60% - 40% plan. I set up two appts. which were scheduled for July 1st and July 8th. I went there on June 3rd. They made me leave a check of 360.oo that day. I did, thinking they would hold onto it until her first appt. on July 1st. The next morning I called to cancel the appts. so that we could get the orthodontic part done first and they had already submitted my check electronically. So now I was out 360.00 for services that weren't even rendered. It took them 7 days to clear my check and now I'm being told that it could take up to 3-4 weeks to credit back my acct. How come it can take them less time to cash my check but longer to refund my money???

Comments

• Hi
      11th of Sep, 2008

The same incident happened to me from Aspen Dental. They used my credit card, and now they're informing me that it will take up to two weeks to refund the money. I've decided to just file a billing dispute with my bank instead of waiting for them to further scam me. This company is one the shadiest dental practices, absolutely illegitimate.

• Mi
      7th of Oct, 2008

Yes, their billing practices and payment arrangement practices are questionable. However, doctors and dentists provide treatment and often do not get paid.

I don't condone the way these offices handle their patients though. In my opinion, and possibly in the eyes of the law, they should not be able to bill 100% in full, your services prior to treatment in case the services cannot be finished or you do not mesh with the dentist during care.

You are entitled to your refunds and in a timely manner. 30 days is to allow any checks etc to clear. However, why it takes 30-60 days to refund someone when it takes 30 seconds to charge them is far beyond me.

I truly believe that practice is in hopes a consumer will give up.

At most, they should only be allowed to charge one third of the fees for services done prior to beginning the procedure. 1/3 when the procedures are ongoing and 1/3 at the end of services.

FILE COMPLAINTS UNTIL SOMEONE GETS TIRED OF HEARING THEM AND DOES SOMETHING. DO NOT LET THIS GO!!!