Aspen Dental / awful company

68 Chilton AveMansfield, OH, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 419-522-1386

I too am a very dissatisfied patient ('customer') of Aspen Dental. Have been going thru heck with these people for almost a year. Too many problems to list here, still haven't gotten the money back I deserve, and they are refusing at this point to reimburse my insurance co. and I never accepted their crummy ill fitting dentures or partials. Still have their crummy ill fitting 'temporary' teeth, only because I cannot afford to go elsewhere until I get my problems resolved with my insurance co. They are thieves who only care about the 'bottom line' like most corporations. PLEASE if you are having problems with them, do what I have done and contact your state's Attorney General. Let them know what a scam this place is and then maybe someone will do something about them! I live in Ohio and would like very much to take them to court, but cannot afford an attorney right now. Anyone know about a class action suit going on? I would certainly join in!!!
Va

Comments

Je
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I too have become another victim of Aspen Dental. I live in South Portland, Me. They told me I needed a special cleaning and Ihave the begining stages of gum disease, at the end of my exspensive cleaning I got a stupid toothbrush and a rinse..WOW! They acted like they were doing me a favor when they signed me up with care credit. Now when they were selling me on this wonderful card they made it sound like it was a credit card.What gets me is they billed the whole amount of suggested work all at once even though I hadn't had it done yet.What is that all about? So I refused some of there sugestions and the financial lady was so rude to me when I told her I wasn't getting things done and gave me attitude because now she had to adjust my total amount owed. I feel like I am getting ripped off because I have to pay finance charges on money I am not using and will not be using. I am interested in this class action law-suit for many more reasons then what I have stated and will be in contact with the Attorney General for my state. LETS DO IT!!!
Ga
  20th of Feb, 2009
After reading all these complaints I have decided I WILL NOT being going to Aspen Dental as I had planned. I wondered why they were only advertised on TV for two days and I have not seen their comercial since.
Ru
  17th of Jun, 2009
I drove my sisters to the office in Springfield, Il. WOW that is a scam.
They advertise full set of replacement dentures for $1899.00 and then they give you this discount. The initial cost before the discount is higher and the price after the discount is higher than they advertise.
Arrived at 3:00 p.m. left at 6:10 p.m. Found a place right here in Peoria, IL. that will give the same quality dentures, and do the extractions for $869.00. for upper denture only.
I would advise anyone to stay very far away from Aspen Dental!
I would advise anyone that has gone, to file a complaint with the better business bureau, as this stays on their record.
I understand one man owns this operation with investors, so we all need to send him a message that he is out of business...
Ya
  16th of Sep, 2010
I went for the free exray and consult advertised, was going to get a cleaning and instead the dentist said I had gum disease and needed a expensive deep cleaning proceedure. The exray tech did not know what she was doing at all. Took exray after exray with a outdated device that fit my mouth very uncomfortably.
I was offered to sign up for the payment plan, a loan more or less, I had no job at the time so not sure how she thought I could qualify. I left to think about it...
I called another dentist and got quoted half the price of Aspen's price for same thing and so I went to the other dentist and the exrays there only took a sec. and got a deep clean for half the price.
Will never go to Aspen Dental and am glad they did not get any credit card info on me that day.
Lo
  11th of Apr, 2011
So this is very interesting. I needed a cleaning, had to go to though a massive amount of xrays, even though I had recent one from a my previous dentist. They took my Blood pressure and told me my blood pressure was high. A follow up with my GP proved they were wrong. SO after my cleaning they told me I had gum disease and and need the deep cleaning. I seemed fishy, so I called my previous dentist from where I used to live. He said well you xrays are about 6 month old but he didn't' see where deep cleaning was necessary.

After reading the reviews above all I can say is it Sounds like a pattern to rake in money to a big box corporation to me!
Lesson...seek a second opinion!

Aspen Dental Management Logo Aspen Dental Management