Ashley Furnitures / beware of ashley furnitures!

Fairfield, NJ, United States Review updated:
I have reported Ashley to BBB; so please do so, if you have similar problems with them. I bought a sofa and loveseat from Ashley for $1140; they delivered it damaged, but my wife did not notice it when she accepted the delivery. One arm of the loveseat was heavily damaged. I was told that we had 48 hours to report a problem and get a replacement. When we noticed the problem after I came in, we immediately reported the problem. They said they could only repair it, but not replace it. They said they would replace only if we did not accept delivery. (Why should we accept something to be repaired, when it was delivered damaged even before we started using it???).

The problem is still not resolved (and ashley don't care) and I am waiting to hear from BBB. Please stay off from ashley, they sell poor stuff!! Go shop somewhere in raymour or other places.

Comments

Sh
  25th of Jan, 2008
I purchased two leather sofas from Gardiners Furniture in Glen Burnie/Pasadena MD ... they were Ashley products. Both were delivered damaged (one with slits and the other dry-rotted) and replaced within a week ... two days after the replacements arrived my living room carpet has globs of white furniture stuffing all over it. As it turns out the zipper under the arm of the sofa is completely busted and Gardiners Furniture will not replace it again ... this sofa is two days old and I already have a repair complaint. If this is not bad enough I have to wait two weeks for the repair tech to fix the zipper. Everytime I sit a glob of stuffing flies out so I am stuck with furniture that I canot use for the next two weeks ... Thank you Ashley Furniture and Gardiners Furniture!
Pb
  2nd of Apr, 2010
I agree. Buyer beware. Do not buy furniture from Gardiners in Pasadena/Glen Burnie, MD. I purchased a cabinet from them. When the delivery men came, one of the men was downright rude and disrespectful as he entered my home. He complained the piece was too heavy and he was not going to carry it up the stairs and said, "Where else do I want it?" He told me I would have to sign a waiver so that if he damaged my walls or damaged the cabinet it would be my problem. I told him I would not do that. They have no common sense. The independent delivery company that delivers for them told me they would not deliver it and "thanx for shopping at Gardiners." I am amazed that a delivery service can dictate what is sold at Gardiners! I canceled the order and went to Ethan Allen...better furniture and MUCH nicer people. Plus, delivery is free there, not the ridiculous $100 Gardiners was charging me! If you do not live on one level, don't bother to shop there.
Ne
  1st of Aug, 2012
My husband and I have recently purchase a Sealy Mattress from Ashley. We had asked the Jolie Firm Pillow top. My husband called the store and told them what we wanted and was told no problem. He was even told that they had it in stock and we could pick it up that day.(Wrong) When I got to the store to pay all of the paperwork was all done to the point that all I needed to do was to sign. I asked the sales lady several times to make sure that we would would be getting the Firm Mattress. She said yes, every time I asked. I was also sold a mattress protector and was told that I need to buy that in order for the warranty to be valid. I was also told that I would not be allowed to take my mattress home that, ALL there mattress are made at the time the customer orders. I was find with that and I asked just to make sure that I was getting a firm. The sale women reassured me that I was purchasing the Firm and had nothing to worry about. I got the mattress last Wednesday, and everything appeared to be OK. My husband and I thought it unusually soft, and ignored it till I said something two days later. It wasn't until he pulled the bed out and we saw the tag that said PLUSH. I immediately called Ashley and got no respect. I informed them that it was an error on there part not mine. They didn't even want to hear it. The manager even got on and was yelling at me. All the while waiting for a phone call from my sales lady. NO call has come to this day. I ended up calling yesterday and got the nice lady who checked me out. She remembered me and even remembered me asking several times for the Firm Mattress. The sales woman still has not called and now a new manager is involved, Again waiting for a call back. I even went so far as to have Sealy call them. I guess I just have to wait. I just cant sleep another night on this mattress. I just wish Ashley would own up to there mistake and resolve this problem. We were not informed of there return policy either, but we were told that we had 25 day comfort period by another salesperson when we were in the store a week prior. I have to update this with the outcome.

Ashley Furniture Industries Logo Ashley Furniture Industries