Ashley Furniture / waste of time

I bought a sectional from Ashley Furniture in Bellefontaine, Ohio almost 2 years ago. I bought for 5 years no inetest on an Ashley store card with a line of $6500. They promised 2 weeks delivery and it took almost 6 weeks and the order could not be cancelled, they have a no cancellation policy for all orders, regardless of reason. Even after that experience, I went in there today and it proved a waste of time. 1. Their sign as well as local print ads said "NO INTEREST FOR 4 YEARS" after making our selection and checking out, we were told our purchase was 12 months no interest with no explanation for the difference. 2. Our purchase was for approx $850 and we were told loudly, in the presence of other customers that our card was denied (the limit is $6500, the balance is $830 and this purchase is $850) the math does not work out. The "manager" supposedly called someone reagrding the credit and very loudly said our name, card number, address and situation over the phone so everyone in the store could hear it. He hung up and then very loudly said it was denied and they would send a letter explaining. I think they should (and I thought were required by law) discuss credit matters more quietly and privately. So, they bait & switched me to get me in the door, lied about the financial terms and embarassed me and possibly jeopardized my financial information by discussing it so loudly. Don't go there, they are terrible.

Li

Comments

• Po
      30th of Nov, 2010

Sometimes financing doesn't work like a credit card (even though they call it "credit"). How much was your sectional? Did you terms change on the credit line?

They should have given you a reason why your terms were different and they should've been more quiet.