ASF International / billing

Voorhees, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 856 - 770 - 0101

During Spring of 2009 I was told by a friend that a gym called Intoxx Fitness was opening in June of 2009. I went to Echelon Mall in Voorhees, NJ where they had a recruiting office inside the mall. I signed up for the gym with a $1 down payment and a promise that they were opening in June of 2009. I never heard from ANYONE regarding the gym again. Upon looking at my banking statement for April 2010 I noticed a charge of $21.39 on my account from "ASF Health Club". When I called ASF International I was told that this charge came from Intoxx Fitness for a monthly charge which was also taken out of my account in March of 2010.

I contacted my bank and disputed the April 2010 charge of $21.39 because not only was I never notified of Intoxx Fitness' delay in openings due to construction, I was NEVER notified by Intoxx Fitness or ASF International that the gym had opened and the money would start automatically coming out of my account.

I find it ridiculous that this company, both ASF International and Intoxx Fitness, decided to take money out of my account when I was not notified that the gym was open or that the money would start coming out of my account. I am a very disappointed customer and will not be joining and more of ASF International's health clubs.

Comments

• Su
      19th of May, 2009

ASF is collecting for Karate america, they claim that they had sent me one of the payment back to me, and I took the copy of the statement and a letter from the bank to tell them that there was nothing put back into my account and their response was that the data processing people lost the money. hello, who is processing the data. I have been told not to worry and disregard the notices we will take care of it. What they ment by that was to put me in collection and screw up my credit. The president has got it made, can not talk to him because he is well protected by his ______. With me it has become a principle, I am not quitting till this is resolved, saga will continue and they will pay.

1st of Jun, 2009

Subhas,

Would you please post that your issue was resolved by me. It is helpful that when one posts a negative comment, they should then post a positive comment if their issue has been resolved.

Chris Peterson
    Customer Relations Manager
    ASF International

• Af
      9th of Jul, 2009

Chris,

When you say "they should then post a positive comment if their issue has been resolved.", that is your opinion. Subhas does not owe ASF a positive comment. Simply fixing an error that your company caused is not necessarily "positive". It is merely the minimum acceptable thing to do. It's negative that Subhas could not get his issue resolved prior to posting the negative comment in the first place.

When your company starts running a better track record than it currently is, you *might* have some claim that your tyrannical company deserves any positive comments. As it stands now, MY opinion is that you have no base to stand on.

• Va
      4th of Dec, 2009

SCAM!

Stay far away from Karate America and their collections arm... ASF International. I'm pretty sure it stands for All-Star Fraudulent Collections

Karate America is a McDojo more interested in putting the ninja moves on your wallet than anything else.

It is impossible to cancel their membership and it is a complete rip-off. Go to /link removed/ and search for Karate America. Or just google Karate America Complaints and you'll see 100's more...

1st of Jun, 2010

Unfortunately, it is not within ASF International's realm to notify member's when their club has actually opened. We are strictly a payment processor for Intoxx Fitness and it is their responsiblity to keep their member's informed.

• Ka
      28th of Jun, 2010

In reply to vasili: Can you give specifics??? You can also look at our google ratings and see plenty of positive comments.

Sincerely,
    Karate America Employee

29th of Nov, 2010

Mr. Peterson, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are withdrawing funds appropriately. There are only so many occasions on which you can fall back on "not my responsibility". There are many legitimate issues with your company on this website. Instead of parrying with upset consumers, why not spend your time more wisely resolving issues and acting in a professional manner.