Argosy University / charged tuition for two unattended online courses
In October through December of 2010, I was unable to complete two courses at Argosy University, due to not having a computer. At the time, I had been leasing a computer and was unable to make payments for the computer, so the computer was returned to the loaners. The two courses I am referring to are: ENG 095 and MAT096. I could not complete anymore assignments for these two courses, after the loss of the computer. I was kept in the courses instead of being Withdrawn, receiving an F for both courses. I did not have the chance to complete at least half of the two courses. I complained to Argosy University on at least three occassions. I finally got an answer of: "Since we did not have a written online policy for attendance at the time, the grades and tuition charges are valid." The total charges for the two courses are $4, 865.00. I also sent Argosy University a copy of the contract that states the dates of when the computer had been returned.
I also had been told that my college review courses would not count as college credits on my Transcripts.
When I made the decision to review various problems I've had with Argosy University, I decided I did not want to continue my education there.
More Argosy University Complaints & Reviews
- Argosy University - diploma mill 
- Argosy University - fraud: apa accreditation 
- Argosy University - lied about program financing 
- Argosy University - bad education 
- Argosy University - professors 
- Argosy University - phone calls 
- Argosy University Tampa - fraud
- Argosy University - financial aid
- Argosy University Online - unprofessional/rude and don't callback students 
- Argosy University - argosy's lower education