Argosy University / charged tuition for two unattended online courses

AZ, United States Review updated:

In October through December of 2010, I was unable to complete two courses at Argosy University, due to not having a computer. At the time, I had been leasing a computer and was unable to make payments for the computer, so the computer was returned to the loaners. The two courses I am referring to are: ENG 095 and MAT096. I could not complete anymore assignments for these two courses, after the loss of the computer. I was kept in the courses instead of being Withdrawn, receiving an F for both courses. I did not have the chance to complete at least half of the two courses. I complained to Argosy University on at least three occassions. I finally got an answer of: "Since we did not have a written online policy for attendance at the time, the grades and tuition charges are valid." The total charges for the two courses are $4, 865.00. I also sent Argosy University a copy of the contract that states the dates of when the computer had been returned.
I also had been told that my college review courses would not count as college credits on my Transcripts.
When I made the decision to review various problems I've had with Argosy University, I decided I did not want to continue my education there.

Comments

• Di
      15th of Oct, 2012

I do not understand why they would encourage a low income student to start their courses KNOWING that they DO NOT have their own laptop or computer and have to depend on their funding to purchase one. Then threaten to withhold their funding and drop them all together because their grades are low because they are unable to purchase a computer! MAKES NO SENSE TO ME!!! Is this about the students education or is it about the $$$$$$$$$$

• Ta
      9th of May, 2013

yes this happened to me to. they have charged me for two semesters that i had already dropped out of the school, because of the lies they told me just to get my loan money! what should we all do

• Sh
      10th of Mar, 2015

I was a former online student with Argosy University. They are still charging me for classes that was never taken by me and Argosy will not release my transcripts! Now they are telling me that I owe them over $ 5, 000 dollars! What to do? I need my transcripts!

• Ms
      17th of Mar, 2015

same here they suckere me in!!!