Argosy degree / failure to communicate

1 Atlanta, United States

I attended Argosy University in 2011 with the intent to complete my 2 years for a Bachelor Degree in Psychology. I tried to meet with school counselors to discuss my course studies and to make sure I was on the right track. They fail to communicate with you about your classes on their own. You really have to seek them out. By the time I completed 1 1/2 years, I was told that my funds for undergrad had ended. I would need to pay for any classes that I needed in order to graduate. That was when I went to seek the student adviser, who never requested to see me or go over my status and discuss my classes. She reviewed my classes that I had taken and the credits that I needed and I was told that I needed to take 2 more classes because I had taken a few classes that I didn't need. She managed to include them in my credit in some category and informed me that by doing that it left me needing 2 classes (6 credit hours) instead of 4 classes ( 12 credit hours) depending on the class that I choose. I left her office not knowing what to do, graduation was weeks away and I felt confused The school counselor informed me that I could test out and it would be cheaper than paying cash, however that was even more confusing. The school allowed me to walk with my class, but it felt I only did it for the sake of my family who sacrificed during my long hours studying, feeling frustrated and time taken away from them. I have not taken the "test" to complete my studies therefore no degree. #feelingcheated.

Sj